Vanilla cupcakes. {recipe}

19:51

Today Ellie and I spent the afternoon baking. 
We made Vanilla Cupcakes. 

Preheat oven at 180 degrees.

Add the butter and caster sugar to the mixing bowl. Cream together until the mixture goes pale. 
Beat the eggs (a little at a time) into the butter/sugar mixture.Add the vanilla extract/flavouring and stir the mixture. 
Add a little flour at a time and fold into the mixture. Add 1-2tbsp of milk. 
Pour the mixture into the cake cases.
Cook in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the cakes are golden brown on top. 

Leave to cool before decorating.
 We used butter-cream icing, icing pens, 
sprinkles and all kinds of things to decorate our cupcakes.


I am really getting into baking now. I've never been very good at baking but practice makes perfect! Home made food is so much better that brought food. Ellie really enjoyed helping bake cakes as you can see in the picture. I might try baking biscuits next time.. Wish me luck, lol! If you have any easy baking recipes you'd like to share with me, please leave me a comment. I'd love to try your recipe.


Sarah xXx


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Baking with children can be fun, if you're not looking for perfect results :) Cupcakes galore! Am still searching for the perfect biscuit recipe; let me know when you find it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cupcakes are fantastic for getting the young ones interested in cooking. Your end results are so pretty :) Thanks for linking up to Kids In The Kitchen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and the children always bake and we love anything with vanilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good! I can't wait to bake with my daughter :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those cupcakes, they look really nice and I agree that homemade always tastes so much better then shop brought. I also agree that cooking with kids is really important and so much fun :-) #GoldenOldies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making cupcakes. It did take me a long time to get icing or buttercream right though but once I did we make them a lot. Great recipe. Thanks so much for linking up via www.mummy2monkeys.co.uk #GoldenOldies

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.