Thankful Thursday

14:10

This week I am thankful for my dad. We aren't really close, in fact we're quite the opposite of close. I think we jus tget so wrapped up in every day life, kids, routines and everything, I just take for granted that he'll always kind just be around because he's my dad. You know?

You see, on Monday he had a heart attack which was a bit of a shock because overall, he's quite healthy. He's only 52 years old, which isn't really old is it? He doesn't drink alcohol very often at all, he does smoke but not very much and not even every day. He doesn't really eat a lot of junk food and he's generally quite fit - taking the dog for a walk, going to work (part time) and heart attacks don't even run in the family, so it was just really random and shocking.
I've been to the hospital to see him, and generally he seems ok. He just seems like himself. A bit tired but honestly, he looked quite well. We're not really sure how much damage the heart attack has done to his heart yet because he's waiting for test results and scans etc. I am really glad he is ok. Hopefully not too much damage to his heart, has been done.

I am really going to make more of an effort to see my family and spend time with them. When something like this happens it puts things into perspective, don't you think?!

I am really thankful that the rest of my family and close ones are healthy. Sure, we all have our health problems but nothing too serious (touch wood). As most of you probably know, the pressure builds up around my brain and I suffer with tremendous headaches but things could be so much rose. I am thankful for the NHS and hospital staff, doctors and nurses and that we do have a good health care system here and it's FREE. I know, the NHS sucks at times and there are long waiting lists and what not but we should be grateful that we have good doctors and medicines.

So, to round it up the things I am thankful for this week are the NHS, doctors and medical professionals, good health and family.

Sarah xXx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear about your dad - hope there is not too much damage to his heart and that he recovers soon. The NHS is definitely something to be thankful for at times like this x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.