The one where we feed the greedy geese.

21:07

This last week has been a bit chaotic. With the kids breaking up from school, end of term (leavers) assembly, as Harry is leaving primary school and moving on up to high school. There has of course been end of term  picnics and school plays, there has needed to be three of me but we got through it and it was really quite fun. We really enjoyed the picnic at the school, on the last day of term. The boys school play was absolutely amazing. Now that school has broken up for summer, we can really enjoy our summer holidays.



We started our summer holidays by walking along the river bank and feeding the swans and geese. Feeding the swans, geese and ducks is one of our favourite things to do!


 Ellie was a little afraid of them as the geese were after the bag she was holding in her hand! They were hissing at her. To be fair, they are quite scary (especially when they're as big as you are... They are as tall as Ellie!) but I explained that they wouldn't harm her and they were just hungry, greedy geese, haha. Ellie wasn't overly convinced but she did enjoy feeding them "They're not so hungry now" she said to me. The things with geese is though, they just seem to eat and eat. And eat. And eat! Haha. They are such beautiful, pretty birds though.

Charlie however, has no fear and couldn't wait to get up and close, lol! "They're okay, they won't harm us, they just want the food" he told us all". Harry wasn't convinced, he stayed well clear and instead of coming down onto the riverbank sandy beach part, he stayed up on the bank itself. Bless him.


We finished our little trip out feeding the ducks with an ice-cream and a cold drink! We sat and admired the view. I am so glad my children enjoy the scenery as much as I do! I think they find it relaxing, too.


How have you been enjoying the summer so far?
Sarah xXx#



Mummascribbles
snowingindoors


 photo 4d06e438-4e6a-4f3b-88b2-0c1093350397_zps361ad0e9.jpg
 Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall 
Life Unexpected
Red Rose Mummy

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Looks like a great way to kick off the summer holidays just chilling out locally with a little duck feeding and ice creams all round. I know just what you mean about hectic end of term as the triplets have just finished Primary too, I'm not sure I've caught up yet and they have gone to Scout camp today! Geese can be quite scary so I have every sympathy with Ellie, only Guy can pick our up! thank you for sharing your start to the holidays on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fun haha. I think no one feeding the geese lately that is why they are greedy!

    We have been staying at home since the start of the holiday and I feel like I am missing out. Hopefully we can go out tomorrow =) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great start to the summer holidays! Geese can be a bit intimidating, I'm still a bit wary of them as a nadult, they are just so big and I was chased by one once!! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be the same as Harry, staying well away from them...birds are not my favourite creature...AT ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely pictures and the kids look like they had fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun way to kick start your summer holidays. Oh bless poor Ellie, yes those geese can be rather intimidating not to mention scary. It's no wonder she was scared of them. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be scared of the greedy geese too! We're not big fans! The kids looked like they had fun though! I would have run away from them! #TwinklyTuesday #PointShoot

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place!! Aaah I LOVE the Canadian Geese! We used to live by the river in Marlow and my favourite thing used to be walking down to the park to feed the ducks and geese! They're SO greedy!! But I love them :) Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday — hope to see you again next week! x

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Canadian geese are so beautiful but I wouldn't trust them! Thanks so much for linking up to #PointShoot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great day out,and no day out is perfect without an ice cream X

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great pictures! And those geese really are greedy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ducks and ice-cream is such a good combination :). I've always been wary of geese since I was told they charge and can break a child's arm. I don't actually know if this is true though - I must look it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great start to the Summer holidays. Feeding the geese and ducks is one of our favourite things to do too. Thanks for linking up with #WHWH.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely day out, feeding the ducks, geese and swans is definitely a fun activity. I have to say I'm a little scared of the swans sometimes too, they're tall and snappy and like you said, very, very greedy!
    Thanks for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh I'm terrified of geese! You're all braver than me. I was bitten by one when I was younger because he thought I had food and I was stupidly trying to pet it haha. I do love going to feed the ducks though. It's such an inexpensive but fun thing to do. Thank you so much for linking up to #whatevertheweather x

    ReplyDelete
  16. If they start to flock near your residence, try calling canada geese removal NJ.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.