Cruel To Be Kind by Cathy Glass {Book Review}

11:08

It's no big secret that I really enjoy reading Cathy's fostering memoirs and have read all of her books. Cathy is a very experienced foster carer and has fostered and cared for more than 150 children. So when Haper Colins kindly offered me Cathy's new book to read and review. I couldn't wait. 'Cruel To Be Kind' is released on 7th September this year and is also available to pre order on amazon.

Cruel to be kind by cathy glass book review.

Pages: 336
Genre: Personal memoir/fostering/true story. 

"Cruel To Be Kind is the true story of Max, aged 6. He is fostered by Cathy while his mother is in hospital with complications from type 2 diabetes.
Cruel To Be Kind is the true story of Max, aged 6. He is fostered by Cathy while his mother is in hospital with complications from type 2 diabetes. Fostering Max gets off to a bad start when his mother, Caz, complains and threatens Cathy even before Max has moved in. Cathy and her family are shocked when they first meet Max. But his social worker isn’t the only one in denial; his whole family are too" 

My thoughts:

I really enjoyed reading the story of Max and his family, there is more than meets the eye when it comes to Max's dad and his sisters. I grew to really love Max's mum, Caz. With Cathy's support can Caz help herself and her family? Cathy does her very best to help Max loose weight and perhaps inspire his family to also become healthier. There are some really sad parts to this book that I won't go into as I don't want to spoil it too much. Overall it has a happier ending, despite Max going through rather a lot in his life. Hearing how things turned out years later for Max was just lovely.
I read this book within a day, I couldn't put it down. The writing style is very easy to read and like Cathy's previous books 'Cruel To Be Kind' had me gripped from beginning to end. Cathy Glass is a very admirable and inspiring lady, I wish there were more people in the world like Cathy. I can not wait to read more of Cathy's fostering memoirs in the future.
I rated this book five out of five stars on goodreads.

What have you been reading lately?

Sarah xXx
Read With Me

(I was sent a copy of this book for the purpose of this book review. All opinions are my own, honest, personal opinions. I was not paid for this post.)

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I love a book with a happy ending and the story is so interesting. Fostering a child while his mother is in hospital, that is a subject I didn't read about. I would like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good. I have a few books ready to read but just never seem to have the time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sounds like one of her nicer stories with a happier ending like 'I miss mummy' (I think it's that one) I wil definitely have to add this one to my list of CG books to read :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds intriguing, would love to know how it ends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great captivating read and something I know I will really enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good. I always like the sound of the Cathy Glass books when I read your reviews, then forget to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really should read a Cathy Glass book, her memoirs sound fascinating. I'm amazed that she has time to write them alongside the fostering!

    #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mum has a lot of these books, must read them myself! Thank you for sharing with #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any by this author but this sounds worth a read #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen so many of Cathy Glass' books, but haven't picked one up yet. I had no clue that they were all about her fostering tales. Good to know, I'll definitely pick one up now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like this book is a bit of a tear jerker. It must be good if you couldn't manage to put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We get lots of CG books donated to the charity shop but I've never read one. I might give this one a go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We get lots of CG donated to the charity shop where I volunteer. I've never read any but I might give this one a go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never read a book based on a true story, that I can remember at least. This book looks like it is a real treasure.

    Gayathri @ Musings Over Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a really interesting book! I was looking up reviews of her books so thank you!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.