The Edge Of Me by Jane Brittan

00:00

The edge of me by Jane Brittan book review.

"Dark YA thriller with its roots in the Bosnian War.

Sanda is 16. Her parents escaped to London after the Bosnian War. One day she comes home to find them gone without a trace. Before she has time to figure out what’s happened, she’s kidnapped and taken across Europe into Serbia where she’s held prisoner.
It’s here that she comes face to face with the brutal truth about what her parents really did in the war and where she learns that everything she’s ever been told is a lie.

It took me a while to get into this book because it's not something I would usually read but it popped up on goodreads and I thought I'd give it a go. They wern't wrong when they say it's a dark YA thriller.
Sandra is a 16 year old girl who has lived in London all her life. Her parents originate from Bosnia but came to London to escape the war. Sandra comes home from school one day to find her parents gone. Then Sandra is taken. One of her friends from school manages to get himself into the van and is taken along with Sandra. With lots of twists and turns and some truly dark times ahead. Sandra knows there is something missing from her life but can't quite put her finger on it. Will she find out the truth about where she comes from and about her parents? 
This book actually did end up being a page turner. The story had an interesting concept. I am glad I read it. It's a shortish book with only 240 pages, it didn't take too long to read. It's written quite well but I do feel in places it goes over itself which was a little frustrating but overall, I liked this book. It did leave me craving more most of the time, which is what made it page turner for me.
I also like the cover, it's intriguing.

What have you read lately? Or reading at the moment? Let me know in the comments! 

I also made an instagram account just for books. You can follow me if you'd like: The.bookHub
And some big news!! I made a book blog, I've been thinking about it for a long time now and decided to just go with it. My book blog is Sarah's Book Hub Please head over on and follow me on there, I'd love to see some familiar faces :) 

Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday
Read With Me

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. This sounds like a really good read. It sounds like a page turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this book before. It sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this sounds like a great book and I agree about the cover, totally not the storyline I would have expected to read about x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not the sort of book I'd normally pick up either, but the plot sounds engaging. I also like the fact that it's not too long in pagination - I never get the time to read much these days! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a good read with suspense. I am going on holiday soon where I catch up with reading.I shall add this to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really interesting concept for a book, sounds like a good'un. I've got a long list of things that need to be read lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good book. Usually I stick to easy chick lit style reads but I want to change my approach to books x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get back into reading, I love thriller books x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've finally started reading again so will put this on my list! I quite like YA books normally!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great book. I wish I could read a good book but instead, I check out blogs. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a great read! Always looking for good book suggestions! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your new book blog! I've just followed you on Twitter :)

    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  13. One I've not heard of but it sounds rather intriguing and nice to see a shorter book for a change. Thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great book for all those who love a thriller

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the cover of it! It sounds like just the sort of book I would enjoy. I read a YA novel about a family of refugees last year and it was brilliant, a real page turner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm this one sounds interesting. I haven't heard of it before either but could be worth picking up. Thanks #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a good book, I like it when book reviewers describe books as 'page turners', because its shows that you really did enjoy it. I will take a look at your bookblog too.
    Amanda. #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this books sounds really intriguing. I don't often read thrillers but when I do I usually get caught up in them!

    Thank you for linking up to #KCACOLS and I hope to see you back again on Sunday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.