The weekly bits & bobs #BestAndWorst.10:28
- The build up to Christmas is busy and stressful and very tiring. But. It's really worth it. We are SO looking forward to Christmas. I'm just finding it hard to get into the Christmas Spirit. I was feeling Christmasy when we put our Christmas tree up but now? Not so much. I'm sure I'll feel it when things calm down and the kids break up from school next week.
- I feel like I need an extra three pairs of hands along with being able to split myself in half and be in two places at once, hahah.
- I haven't been sleeping very well because I've had so much on my mind.
- I still haven't finished my Christmas shopping, I'll be doing some Christmas shopping again next week. Hopefully.
- Really praying that the post office/postal service don't strike. I still have gifts waiting to arrive! Eek! (I don't know much about the strike to be honest, I haven't had time to read/watch the news properly).
- I keep getting this really cold shivery feeling and I can't seem to shake it off! I am really hoping I'm not coming down with something. I'm sure it's just because it IS actually cold, haha. Does anyone else ever get that shivery feeling? It like runs right down my back, it's so odd!
- I haven't had much time to do anything around the house but the bare basics. Which means I have a lot of deep cleaning and blitzing to do today! I'll be fine once I've started it but right now I am procrastinating.
- I went to my nieces nativity play yesterday, it was SO cute! She was an angel and it was actually a tradition nativity, too! Unfortunately Ellie's class didn't participate in a Christmas play this year BUT! (see the next bullet point!)...
- Ellie has a Christmas carol service at the church next Wednesday afternoon. I love how her school have a traditional church service/carol service. It's so lovely! I am really looking forward to hearing her sing in church.
- We put our Christmas tree up! Yay! I decided on a red, rose gold and rose theme. It needs a little more tinsel though.
- The boys have had charity week at school, which they've really enjoyed! Lots of activities and yummy food. They've really enjoyed this past week, which makes me happy! They didn't want to wear there Christmas jumpers (WHY!?!!) so they're going to take part in dressing up (or non uniform) day tomorrow. Yay!
- Speaking of tomorrow. It's Ellie's Christmas dinner and Christmas jumper day tomorrow, which she is excited about!
- We've all been working really hard on a fairy tale box for the Christmas fayre. It's a competition. We decided on a Hansel & Gretel theme. It's something really fun, creative and just lovely to do as a family. We need to finish it after school & hand it in tomorrow.
- We are also taking part in the 'Bake Off' for the Christmas fayre, too! Christmas themed cupcakes! We are looking forward to making those this evening ready to be handed in tomorrow. (SO MUCH TO DO!)
- Oh yes! Santa came around on his sleigh (Just like last year!) Santa and his Elves were helping collect for charity. The kids love seeing Santa. It was great fun, hehe.
- I finally found us an Elf! I kept meaning to order one from eBay or wherever but I honestly just forgot and because I haven't had time top spend on social media, I totally forgot to order one. I found an Elf in the card factory. We've named him Elfis and he's been getting up to all kinds of a mischief! Ellie ADORES him! She's been wondering if an Elf would visit us. She truly believes in the Christmas magic and it's so, so lovely. I tried to convince Charlie but he's eleven now, still though, he thinks our Elf is funny and rushes down in the mornings to see what our ''elf'' has done during the night, haha. Harry (teenager!!) just thinks (in his words) "You're actually bonkers". Still though, he goes along with the magical elf who goes back to the North Pole every night to report to Santa, for Ellie's sake.
- I went Christmas shopping this past Tuesday. Still have so much to buy though.
- The Christmas Fayre on Saturday! I'm sure that will help me feel festive, hehe.
- Looking after my baby nephew Noah one day next week while my brother and SIL go Christmas shopping!Baby cuddles are the best.
- Ellie's Christmas church service. Aww.
- The kids breaking up from school!
- What I am mostly looking forward to though, is having all my Christmas shopping DONE and the stress to be over, haha.
What are your best and worst moments this week?