The one where sickness strikes (again)

00:30

It has been a mad 10 days or so. Everyone has been ill and it has really sucked. Badly.
First last week, I had such a bad headache for a few days. I think I need another lumbar puncture to drain the fluid from around my brain but honestly, I want to avoid that if I can so I am trying other (natural) things instead. Like laying flat at night, without a pillow, loosing weight and so on. Harry was next to come down with an illness, the dreaded sickness bug that's going around (noro virus possibly), he was really ill for three days. Then I came down with earache and a sinus thing, which I am stil not over (almost a week later!). Harry was getting better and then Charlie caught Harry's bug, although he seemed to be over it after twelve hours, which was good! And now Harry has this sinus thing and it has hit him so hard. He's really not himself at all! I took him to the doctors today, although his ear is a little pink and he does have an annoying (dry) cough, he doesn't need antibiotics (unless he gets worse), which I'm glad about but I do really hope he's better soon. I feel so helpless and sorry for him.
It's just that time of year, there is so much going around. The ladies in the office at school have said so many kids have had bad colds, coughs and the tummy bug that seems to linger. Lets hope it all passes asap!

Needless to say, I haven't really had much time for anything and when I have had time - in-between tending to sick children and cleaning like a crazy woman - I've needed to rest because I am still not 100% myself! I have gone through a lot of Zoflora, Detol, anti bacterial sprays and what ever else, trying to prevent germs from spreading... If I never see another bottle of bleach again, it'll be too soon, haha. Or until tomorrow at least.

Apart from all of that though and onto better things, I attended Ellie's parents evening last week. I am really pleased to report she is right where she should be in all subjects, her reading has come along wonderfully and her hand writing is ever so neat, especially as she is only seven years old. I'm super proud of her! She does have her moments where she looses focus and concentration but overall she's doing splendid. I love those proud mummy moments.
Harry's not been at school hardly at all the last week so I don't have much to report on him when it comes to school, we've been reading together though and practicing spellings when he's felt like it.
Charlie is doing great at school! He impressed with his fractions homework, I was never very good at maths (I'm still not good at it) so it's refreshing to see him doing so well with it! He actually was teaching ME about fractions last week, bless him. I'm really pleased and proud of my little's :-)

So that's our lives lately!

We are very much looking forward to Christmas. Although, I haven't bought very many gifts yet or thought about the food side of things (mainly due to a past chaotic couple of weeks) yet, I am starting to get organised, I've at least bought the kids a couple of stocking fillers and wrapped them, a small start but better than none at all! I think once Harry is back at school and we're over our illnesses, I'll get stuck right into the Christmas spirit!

Sarah xXx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh blimey that time of year eh? Hope you're all feeling a lot better soon. Pleased school is going well I still can't do most maths either!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.