The weekly bits & bobs.09:43
- My anxiety has been horrendous. I think last Thursday and Friday were probably the worst days. It was really bad. However, it's a bit better now. Anxiety is so hard to figure out because I don't know why I was anxious. It was everything and nothing (and if you suffer with anxiety, you may be able to relate to that!). Thank goodness it's not that bad now (touch wood).
- My laptop no longer gives me a warning when the battery is going flat. It just switches itself off. I figure that this is a sign the battery is probably on it's way out. I can't replace it myself because the battery is inside the actual laptop. What a pain. I just need to remember to plug the charger in after an hour or so. It's not the end of the world - at least it still works (again, touch wood!)
- Sports day was cancelled last week because it was pouring with rain but it's been rescheduled so that's something to look forward to :)
- Charlie had his induction days at high school! I am SO incredibly proud of him. He happily went with Harry on the bus Monday morning and came home with Harry on the bus. I'm so pleased they're back in the same school even if I am in denial that Charlie is old enough for high school. On the second induction day all the teachers were on strike but Charlie got a lift to school with my step dad. He happily went and was super confident about the second day!
- Ellie also enjoyed two days being introduced to year 4! She's got Charlie's (current) teacher in September, which she is excited about and he is a very good teacher.
- So far in July, I've read two books! Well, one I started in June but couldn't finish because the stupid brain disease flared up and it effects my vision, I finished that a couple of days ago. I read 'The girl with no name' by Diney Costeloe and 'If I stay' I'll review those over on my book blog at some point. My July 'To Be Read' list can be found here
- Having good friends and a lovely fella has made me truly happy this week! Being a in a long distance relationship isn't easy but when we do see each other, we really appreciate our time together. Also having a really good friend. We message every day and we talk about everything and anything which is lovely.
- The weather seems to have taken a turn for the better! Hoorah! Finally. I feel much more motivated when it's sunny. Although not a fan of the heat/humidity but it's nice to see the sun!
I'm looking forward to...
- The fact that it's July is a positive! Honestly, can not wait for the summer holidays and to have a break from the school routine. I know the kids are excited too!
- C & E's sports day! I can't wait to watch them in there races. They're both super excited about it. My mum is also coming to watch, which will be nice. Harry isn't taking part in his sports day this year, which is surprising because he loves sports. Mind, he did take part in a sponsored walk last week, which he enjoyed! He got to come home from school early, which always makes him happy, haha. I'm proud of him for taking part in that.
- Charlies birthday - He's going to be eleven! I know, I can't believe it either.
- The weekend. I need to do some gardening/weeding. My front garden is starting to resemble a jungle. It's only a little patch of garden, so it won't take too long. I'm sure the kids will help me, they like gardening.
- I am also really looking forward to the end of the school term. I think we all need a break from the school routine! Only another couple of weeks or so.
- So that's basically been our week this week! There's been a lot going on but mostly all good. The positives defiantly out weight the negatives.
What are your best and worst bits this week? Or what are you most looking forward to?
I hope you all have a lovely rest of the week!
P.s I also have a giveaway running to win a copy of the children's book 'The Lost Smile'