The Weekly Bits & Bobs #300:00
I'm doing my weekly bits and bobs post early this week because I didn't do one last week. I did however do a May round up. Overall, May was a pretty good month.
Here are my best & worst bits from last week.
- My sister in law had the baby! YAY! A little boy. 7lb 2oz and he is ADORABLE! My brother and SIL are over the moon, as is my little niece who is now a big sister. I had newborn cuddles over the weekend and oh my goodness!! So cute. I could have held him all day long, haha.
- We had a relaxing half term. The weather was no on our side but that's ok. We chilled around the house. The kids did manage to play out on there bikes around the close and in the garden. We played some board games and watched movies. It was nice. We did enjoy a lovely walk around our local woodland. It was a shame Harry had school (the other two had an inset day). Still we have the whole summer to explore some more.
- There's less than seven weeks left of school until the kids break up for Summer. Madness. This year is flying by. I need to start thinking about Charlie's Birthday which is next month. Can't believe he's going to eleven.
- I spent some time with my grandparents last week. It was so lovely to see them.
- I've been sleeping a lot better. I think the half term has reset my body clock and I'm back on schedule again. Hoorah! (Touch wood - hopefully it continues. Insomnia is no fun)
Things that have made us smile:
- Seeing these very cute little ducklings with the mummy ducks! They were so cute and fluffy.
- The fact that I've been reading more has made me happy! (It's the little things in life.)
- The kids and knowing that they're so happy. They really are good kids, they've been helpful and have kept there rooms (semi) tidy! Horah! (See, it really is the little things)
- The fact that I've been sleeping better!
- I had my hospital appointment last week.. I need to be referred to ENT but I won't go into that now. Really, it was a pointless appointment because I was referred to the wrong department. I need to see my GP to refer me to the right department.
- The weather was rubbish over half term but we didn't let it get us down too much. The weather has been lovely today!
- Harry came home from school today because he had a headache and felt sick and dizzy but he's feeling much better now! I think it's the heat that caused the headache.
- My internet is playing up again. The router keeps going off and on. It's been fine all day today.. I think my ISP may need to come out and fix it, if it happens again.
- I haven't worked out at all. I've lost my motivation.
We're looking forward to..
- The queens 90th Birthday celebrations. We're going to a summer fete! We may even have our own little tea party or perhaps a picnic but every time I mention that 'P' word, it rains!
- Harry has a school trip this week which he is excited about! I'm excited for him, hehe.
- I'm looking forward to more baby nephew snuggles. Aww.
- Spending more time outside now the weather is much better! Lets hope this weather lasts :) As long as there's a nice breeze I'm all good.
- Getting back into working out - Starting NOW! (It's Monday when I'm writing this post -it's scheduled- and as soon as I've finished I AM going to workout!
- Baking some British themed cakes for the cake sale at Ellie & Charlie's school. I need to pinterest...
What has made you smile this week? :)