The Weekly Bits & Bobs - Best & Worst Of This Week.17:05
Gosh, time is really lying by! Ten days left of June!! Wow. There's a month left of school! That's just... crazy! Anyway, there's lots to be happy about this week. Here are our best and worst bits and bobs.
- Unpredictable weather - What's new?! Hopefully we get some sunshine soon, we'd love to go for a picnic! Don't get me wrong, I love the rain and the cooler weather but when it's hot.. then it's cold.. sunny and then the next minute it rains. That drives me nuts, haha.
- Negative people treating me awfully. All I do is help people, I'm kind and caring and I honestly go out of my way sometimes just to have it all thrown back in my face. At least that's how it feels. Anyway I really don't need negative and toxic people in my life (or my kids lives). Dealing with it and pondering on it though, it's exhausting.
- I don't know why but I've just felt a bit.... Emotional and down the past few days. (Before the above happened).
- I made a book blog! YAY! Which you can find here. I also made an Instagram account dedicated just for books. @The.BookHub I have found my love for books and reading again, which truly does make me SO happy. I really enjoy blogging about books, so much! Don't worry though, I'm still keeping this blog. I just didn't want my family focused blog taken over by books, haha. I have books on the brain, honestly!
- I can't believe I didn't write about this last week but... I saw a deer! Right out the back, by my back fence. You see, there's a huge field out the back of my garden and I've seen all kinds of wildlife - Pretty birds, mice and moles, voles even! Pheasants and bunnies but to see a deer?! It was SO lovely and made my day entirely. Luckily I had my phone in my hand and managed to snapchat some pics.. Sorry about the poor quality. Thankfully my friend could take screen shots as I forgot to save the photos/video.
- The kids have been behaving so well lately! They truly are very good kids. Yes, they have htere moments but they don't get into trouble or anything like that.I'm so proud of them. (Yes I know, I'm being boastful again but hey, I'm allowed, right?)
- I've been reading A LOT! I've read three books this week (One of which was shortish). Which is really good going. I've been staying up a lot later that I should but really, it's the only time I can get some good solid reading in. I've recently reviewed 'The Girl With No Past' which is a physiological thriller and it was really good! You can read my review here.
- Charlie & Ellie had there class photos today! I can't wait to see them, it's Charlie's last school photo from Primary school *sob*
- Oh and Ellie and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon along the river. We had a treat from the fish and chip shop! It was a lot of fun! Ellie even found a couple of Dr Sues books in the charity shop which she sat and read while we were waiting for the bus home. She's a proper little bookworm.. No idea where she gets it from *Whistles*
- Charlie has induction day next week - induction day at HIGH SCHOOL! I know!! How did that happen? How did time go so fast? I still can't believe my little 5lb 3oz baby will be starting high school in September. Madness. Still, I'm excited for him and it;s a huge milestone.
- Harry has a school trip coming up, a very exciting one, which he's excited about!
- Ellie has been practicing for sports day.. We're excited for that too!
- I'm looking forward the family fun day that's coming up this weekend, it should be good!
- I'm looking forward to football season being over! It's driving me nuts. The boys are OBSESSED! they even put England flag bunting up outside the house, bless them though! They're proper supporters.