This weeks bits & bobs. #BestAndWorst09:47
Goodness, we're half way through June! How did that happen?! The end of the school term is approaching fast. Charlie's 11th Birthday is also approaching fast. I need to get my skates on and organise his Birthday! Anyway, here are the best and worst bits of this week.
- Ellie, Harry and myself had a tummy bug over the weekend. Ellie and Harry didn't go to school on Monday. But they're both better now, thank goodness. A lot of kids in the school have had it apparently. Last week it was my IIH flaring up slightly and then this week it's a bug. I feel like there's something constantly the matter with me - I'm falling apart, haha. My stomach still isn't right. At least the kids have bounced back though! That's the main thing.
- The weather has been bipolar again. Seems like it's typical British weather. One minute it's hot and sunny and the next it's dark and pouring with rain. Oh well, I am sure it'll pick up soon and we can spend more time outside :)
- We went to a local summer fete last week - Queens birthday celebrations in our local village- and it was a lot of fun! The kids had a blast. Charlie was in charge of the beanbag throwing stall, which he loved and felt ever so grown up about. Bless him. They both enjoyed some summer snacks and a few bounces on the bouncy castle. Harry met us at the fete after he'd finished school and had a wander around. It was nice because he saw his old teacher from primary school :)
- I wrote about my new baby nephew being born last week. Well, I had newborn snuggles again! He is so beautiful. I wish I could share a photo but I don't think my brother and SIL would want me to share on a public blog, which I understand and respect. You'll just have to take my word for it that he's beautiful and we all love him so, so much already!
- I've been reading A LOT lately. I have many books on my kindle to get through.
- While we're on the subject of books. I found a few bargains yesterday. I have a 'To Read' list. Most of which are on my kindle, some I don't own at all. Well I went into a second hand shop and found FOUR books from my "To Read" list. I found them in a second hand shop for less than £3 (total!) and that included a couple of children's books too! They're all in NEW condition. They don't even look like they've been touched, let alone read. Very pleased with my bargain book buys. (I also bought Skin Deep by Casey Watson - not pictured & I've already read The Fault In Our Stars which I reviewed here. I just didn't own a paper copy)
- Ellie has also been reading more! Which is lovely to see. The boys do read but I think Ellie truly takes after me for her love of books.
- I've made a book Instagram account especially dedicated to my books and book reviews. I made it because I didn't want books taking over my personal Instagram. You can follow me if you'd like: @The.BookHub
- I forgot to write about this the other week but both the boys had the denstist a couple of weeks ago and no fillings needed! They both have healthy teeth! Phew!
- Oh and!! I went power walking/jogging three times last week! It's on hold for now until I'm full 100% feeling better but I am super proud of myself!
- I wrote a list of things I need to do this week. I have a lot still to do on that list, due to being unwell, I wasn't able to do very much but I know I'll get there in end! Having a list helps motivate me. I'm looking forward to completing it - I'll have more time to read, hehe.
- I'm looking forward to the weekend. Last weekend was wasted! The weather is suppose to be nice too! Hopefully we can get out to the park at least.
- It's my nieces Birthday in a couple of days. The kids and I have been invited to her tea party which we're excited about.
- Sleep! I am looking forward to a good nights kip. My sleep has been broken and restless the last few nights. A good nights sleep will do me the world of good! :)
What are your best and worst bits this week? What are you are most looking forward to? Let me know in the comments :)