We went on an adventure!!

09:46

Last year we moved house. Back to the area that I grew up in. Back to wear my family all live and I can not tell you how good it feels. Finally! It took the best part of ten years but I got there in the end. I really love showing the kids the places I played as a kid and where my parents use to take me and my siblings. The whole area is full of memories and making new ones!

Ellie and I went on an adventure of our own the other day. The boys were spending some time with there dad and his family. The weather was lovely, too nice to stay inside. We put on our rain jackets, sunglasses (what a combination! That's British weather for you though! Dress for all weathers, haha) and Ellie put on her welly boots. Although it was blue skies, there were a few rain clouds lingering. We didn't let that stop us following the public footpaths though!

Ups and downs, smiles and frowns

"I feel like an explorer" Ellie said excitedly.  She looked like one too, with her backpack and welly boots on. 

After a good half an hour of walking, we needed to stop for a rest and a drink, which I actually remembered to take with us this time. We found some really big rocks to sit on, there was a HUGE farm house behind us and we talked about how the farm had cows (we could hear them) and probably other animals too. 

Ups and downs, smiles and frowns

Ups and downs, smiles and frowns


Ups and downs, smiles and frownsUps and downs, smiles and frowns
We also came across a meadow with sheep! "They are SO cute" Ellie said. "They look so fluffy and soft! There's no babies though..." I suspect there will be some little lambs in a couple of weeks though (there usually are, I remember last year spotting them from the bus window) 

Sheep in spring
We carried on walking, spotting thigns a long the way. There are so many beautiful cottages and pretty flowers. The views are amazing! We found ANOTHER public footpath and followed that, which led us to an amazing meadow with stunning views. We could see the river!

Purple spring flower

White blossom in May

Tulips in may

Wildlife hole

We came across a huge hole! Ellie was all "Is it a fox? Or badger? Maybe a hare or rabbits". We talked about all the different wildlife and where they live. "I'd love to see a badger" She told me!

Beautiful view from the field
 There are usually horses in the field, along by the public footpath, we hope to see those next time! 
Countrside and a cat
We also came across a huge (And I mean huge!) long haired cat! Just randomly sitting in the middle of the pathway, in the middle of nowhere! We think it belongs to a farmer. It was beautiful. Yes, I really do love cats, as does Ellie (If you can;t already tell from her T.shirt)

We're going to go back another day and explore some more with the boys! I can not believe I didn't know about these public footpaths. Having grown up here, lived here most of my life, you would think I would have known! I am so looking forward to exploring more with the boys, Ellie can't wait to go back! We're now making new memories and it's so much fun! 


Nature Mum Blog

You Might Also Like

43 comments

  1. It looks like you had a lot of fun exploring and got some great pics! :) #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely walk you had. Glad you managed to take take some photos, they are lovely!

    Thank you for linking up t #KCACOLS and I hope to see you back again next week. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you both had a wonderful walk. The photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a lovely day and you took some great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice that you're back near where you grew up and your family it must make such a difference! I bet you love it. Sounds like a lovely adventure you had x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely awesome sounding adventure, your pictures are beautiful as well. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely day out! The photos look great too. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lovely day out. Am sure you had a good time xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh very cool. I have never come across a badger/hare/rabbit hole. Thats the type of 1 fun id love to have on an adventure. Lovely pictures and lovely photos especially the flowers they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, how great to discover new things about your own neighbourhood! I love living where I grew up and taking my girls to the places I visited in my childhood

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is amazing how we sometimes don't know what is on our doorstep. Lovely photos #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a lot of fun and how much is Ellie starting to look like you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow looks like you all did so much and love the pictures so cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the photos, I love walking around in places like that where it's nice and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely country adventure. There is so much to see when you are on foot and keeping your eyes open. Looks like you picked a beautiful day and to explore and discovered so much natural beauty along the way. See you at country kids on Saturday, Popping bite to Dave from #Pointshoot

    ReplyDelete
  16. best way to get back in to the groove of your local area is to get out and walk. I still find little gems in my hometown lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love going for long walks especially at this time of year :) Thanks for linking up to #PicknMix with your gorgeous photos

    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. sounds like a nice adventure in a lovely location. Nice pictures too

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a lovely walk! Fabulous pictures too #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a gorgeous place to go walking. I live not far from where I grew up so I love taking my 3 to places that I used to go to. Sarah #WhateverTheWeather

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fabulous photos! My big girl is a great explorer too! Thanks so much for linking up to #sharewithme hope to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a lovely walk - beautiful photos too! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love going on adventures and random public foot paths. Great to get some mummy daughter time away from the boys! #pointshoot

    ReplyDelete
  24. She looks very cool (and grown up) with her shades on. Nice that the 2 of you were able to get out together and explore. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely photos - especially all those spring blossoms and flowers. She really does look like a little explorer! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  26. There is something truly special to be able to share your special places and memories with your children. I hope you have many more adventures discovering new places together as well as showing them your old haunts.
    xAlice
    #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's great to hear you are able to show your children where you grew up and have lovely adventures. #WhateverTheWeather

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is a gorgeous post and very similar to you, after 10 years of living abroad I decided I wanted to be close to family and enjoy my home town with my little girl and take her to all my favourite spots.gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing, and the explorer look is fab on you both :) #WhateverTheWeather

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like a fab mummy and daughter day. It's so nice to be able to get and about and show them their surroundings. Some really lovely photos there too! Thank you so much for linking at #KCACOLS. I hope you can come back again next Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing photos, so good to be home! I am glad you got there. #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  31. She looks so big! It must be lovely to have time just the two of you x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow I love your photo's stunning shots. It's so nice you are able to share your memories with your children and make some new ones too #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a great place to explore, and oh my gosh what a gorgeous day! #whatevertheweather

    ReplyDelete
  34. I bet it's such a unique experience watching your children play where you once played as a child yourself. How nostalgic! Your photos are absolutely gorgeous, and it looks like Ellie really enjoyed the day out! Definitely looking forward to seeing some new places you explore (: #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely outing! That cat is gorgeous. I'm a total cat person too. It looks like you had a wonderful time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  36. That looks a like a fantastic adventure walk, I'm glad Ellie loved it.

    Thanks for linking up with Point + Shoot xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. She does look like an explorer. It sounds like you went on a great adventure and made some great new discoveries. That cat is so adorable! I'm glad the weather was on your side too. Thank you so much for sharing with #whatevertheweather x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Aww, what a fantastic explorer she is! I love that you found new paths to explore in your area, they look fantastic and so many new things to find. I love discovering new walks with my boys. Thanks so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ahh what a lovely beautiful adventure too! Gorgeous captures of nature and your happy hiker too. Thanks for linking up to Share WIth Me. I hope you will continue to link up when Mummy Fever takes over SWM on June1st. She is an amazing blogger and great blog supporter too. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely photos. Thanks for joining in with #CheckOutThatView there's a new linky up now if you'd like to join in again. x

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a gorgeous walk! I bet it looks lovely now in the autumn! #ChasingNature

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for sharing such a lovely post with #ChasingNature Must have been such a lovely mummy and daughter day out. Love how you dressed for all weather. Us British residents get used to that. Looks like your daughter thoroughly enjoyed herself. Hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Absolutely gorgeous photos! I have to agree with Ellie - I'd like to see a badger too! I almost ran one over once when it ran out in front of me. But, rather than just cross my path, it decided to run in a straight line in front of my car so I had to just follow it! Haha!

    Lots of love and best wishes for your new home by the way! #ChasingNature

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.