10 Halloween movies the whole family will enjoy.00:00
I thought I would put together some of my children's favourite spooky, Halloween type movies that they like to watch this time of year. I also enjoy a good family movie! All of these movies are 'U' or 'PG' rated.
In no particular order...
- Pooh's Heffalump Halloween movie - This is my daughters absolute favourite! Winnie the pooh and his friends go trick or treating with 'Lumpy'. Lumpy has never been trick or treating before! With Roo by Lumpy's side he knows he can face anything. It';s a little bit scary for younger children but it's also funny in places and is the perfect Halloween movie for little children. (Rated U - suitable for all ages)
- Monster House - This one is Charlie's favourite Halloween type movie. 'Young DJ knew there was something strange about the Nebbcracker house across the street. The house becomes a living breathing monster....' Will DJ and his pals be able to save the neighbourhood from devastation? A fairly spooky movie rated PG.
- Monsters Inc - Disney never fails! I personally wouldn't call this one spooky or scary but it's perfect for this time of year and is one of those movies that alwats makes us feel warm and cosy! I don't think my children will ever get bored of Disney's Monsters Inc. This movie is rated a 'U'
- Casper - Any Casper movie/cartoon. Casper is a little friendly ghost. We really enjoy 'Casper Scare School Scare day- which is full of Vampires, Zombies and other creatures of the night. It's a cartoon style. This movie is rated a 'U' and suitable for all ages.
- Goosebumps - My personal favourite - We actually saw this in the cinema and it was epic! My daughter who was eight years old at the time got a bit scared in places but she ended up really enjoying it. The film is rated a PG. It follows a boy named Zach who is new to the neighbour hood, he meets the girl next door 'Hannah' and they quickly become friends. Hannah is the daughter of the best selling Author R.L Stine. Stine is rather mysterious.. The monsters from his book become real... It's a really good movie and I highly recommend it. I promise that adults will enjoy this too and if you read the books Goosebumps when you were younger, you will certainly enjoy this movie.
- Monsters High - Thirteen Wishes. I'll admit, I haven't seen this movie but my daughter really likes it! And Monsters High seems to be the latest craze. I am actually really looking forward to watching this DVD to see what all the fuss is about.
- Scooby Doo The Movie - Who doesn't like Scooby Doo?! Follows Scooby are invited to a haunted theme park to try and solve a mystery.. Is the theme park haunted? The movie is awesome. It's kind of spooky/jumpy in places. Another one that adults will also enjoy! I really love Sarah Michelle Gellar as Daphne, I think she's awesome and suits the roll well.
- Coraline - Based on Neil Gaiman's best selling book 'Coraline' (I recently read the book. It's amazing!) An animated movie rated PG. Coraline & her parents move into a new house. A house that's converted into flats. Two ladies live downstairs and a man lives upstairs. Coraline is bored and ends up finding a secret door, through the secret door live her 'Other' parents who resemble her real parents and there world mirros Coralines normal world. Her 'Other' parents have buttons for eyes and are very creepy indeed! Coralines 'Other' mother tries to keep Coraline forever... Coraline must be brave to try and save herself and her other parents so she can back to her normal life. This movie is rated PG but honestly, it's really creepy and just. I can't explain. Honestly, this is a really good movie, slightly different to the book but very, very good! I recommend this one if you haven't seen it already!
- Ghost busters - A classic! A paranormal researcher and her team try to prove that ghosts exists in modern society. Armed with plenty of attitude the team prepare for an epic battle! This movie is rated PG.
- Hotel Transylvania - We saw this movie in the cinema a few years ago. In 3D and not gonna lie those bats flying at me? Made me jump! When the monsters want to get away they go to Count Dracula's castle - A place where they can be themselves without any bother from Humans! One special weekend Dracula invites creatures like the Invisible Man and others to celebrate his daughter 'Mavis' 118th Birthday. A human gate crashes the party and ends up falling in love with Mavis. Uh-oh. This movie had me in stitches of laughter, the kids were giggling through it too but it also has 'scary' scenes, too. Hotel Transylvania is an absolute perfectly hilarious movie for Halloween that anyone, any age can enjoy! My kids thoroughly enjoy this movie.
What are your favourite movies to watch on Halloween or during Autumn?