The couple next door by Shari Lapena {Book Review}

00:00

The couple next door book review

Pages: 320
Genre: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller (fiction)

"You never know what's happening on the other side of the wall.

Your neighbour told you that she didn't want your six-month-old daughter at the dinner party. Nothing personal, she just couldn't stand her crying.

Your husband said it would be fine. After all, you only live next door. You'll have the baby monitor and you'll take it in turns to go back every half hour.

Your daughter was sleeping when you checked on her last. But now, as you race up the stairs in your deathly quiet house, your worst fears are realized. She's gone.

You've never had to call the police before. But now they're in your home, and who knows what they'll find there.

What would you be capable of, when pushed past your limit?"


I received this book for Christmas and what a lovely gift it was, too! It's been on my 'TBR' list for a while and I couldn't wait to get stuck into it. 
The couple next door follows the story of a young married couple who have a six month old daughter. One night they attend a dinner party with the neighbours while there baby sleeps next door.  They return only to find the baby gone. She is not in her crib. With lots of twists and turns, this book certainly kept me in suspense! What exactly has happened to there baby daughter Cora? And who is responsible? Will the police get to the bottom of it?
This book is written so simply and is very easy to read and follow. A fast paced story and certainly a page turner! I could easily have read this book in one sitting! I really liked it and rated it five stars on goodreads. 

What have you been reading lately? 

Sarah xXx
Read With Me

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Sounds incredibly gripping. Doing a reading challenge, which i might be able to add to the list :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading the good earth but will be checking this out. After reading girl on the train I now appreciate this genre of books. This looks like a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a really gripping story!

    #Readwith me

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good - right up my street! But I can't believe anyone would leave a 6 month old baby alone, even next door with a baby monitor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now I want to know the ending!! Fab review, thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I don't think I could read this one. Losing a child - worst nightmare.
    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intriguing. Who on Earth would leave a child alone anyway? Something about your review made me remember my late Mum playing the record "Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors". I always reflect how when something happens that involves the police all the skeletons come tumbling out of the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got to read it now because I need to know what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nightmare scenario, I hope it has a happy ending! #readwithme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.