The Weekly Bits & Bobs. #BestAndWorst09:41
I am SO behind on everything, blogging, emails... LIFE! I've been trying to take it easy as much as I can and also spend less time on the computer as I have had really bad headaches recently and my vision hasn't been 100%. I really don't want to have a lumbar puncture to release the pressure/fluid on my brain and behind my eyes. So I've been trying my hardest to avoid that! I'm so sorry I am behind on blogs and everything else! I'll catch up... eventually.
Anyway here are our best and worst bits this week.
- See the first paragraph of this post!
- Being behind on everything truly sucks but my health comes first!
- They say things come in three's.. First my washing machine had something stuck in the filter. The washing machine was full of clothes. And water. I ended up with a very flooded kitchen! I fixed that. Then my hoover started playing up and my hair straighteners won't heat up. Awesome. *note sarcasm* I thankfully (touch wood) managed to sort the washing machine out! Phew. It's not the time of year (is it ever?) for expensive electronics to be breaking!
- I started my Christmas shopping. Hoorah! I've only bought small things but it's start. I really need to be more organised this year!
- I am loving the walking dead! The first episode of season seven was utterly... Heartbreaking. That was to be expected though, I think everyone knew something terrible was going to happen. Loved the second episode though, Carol is awesome, haha.
- We had a fab Halloween. It wasn't quite the same with the kids being at school and all but they had fun trick or treating!
- The dentist hasn't cancelled Ellie's dentist appointment this week! They usually cancel last minute but so far, so good. I just need all this dentist stuff to be over. For her sake.
- I read "Behind Closed Doors" yesterday! What a fantastic book. Review coming soon.
- Charlie got a certificate for all his 'house points' as he got more than anyone else in his form! So proud of him!
- Harry's been really helpful the last few days, bless him. I know I say this all the time but I honestly can't believe he is 13 years old. How am I mum to a TEENAGER?! How does that even happen, haha.
- The kids and I carved a couple of pumpkins, we were aiming to do a cat but I went wrong so we just turned it into a spooky face lol! Ohhh and we also baked some epic Halloween cupcakes. All three of the kids enjoyed helping and decorating them.
- Well, we have Guy Fawkes night coming up. We don't have any plans. We're not huge fans of fireworks but we do have some sparklers and we'll probably watch some fireworks from the garden or the window. I'll make a special dinner, too!
- I am looking forward to all Ellie's dental appointments being over! Although , sadly I don't think they will be for a while as she's going to need a brace (she's only 9!) and she has some hereditary thing that I'll find out more about today. It's nothing to do with the condition of her teeth, the condition of her teeth is actually pretty good as the dentist told us last time!
- The weekend! I am SO looking forward to the weekend and just relaxing. It's nice to be back in the school routine and all but the early mornings... Especially when it's cold... I struggle, haha.
What are you best and worst moments this week? What has made you smile recently?