Who are you by Megan Henley. {Book review}

09:59

Who are you by Megan Henley

"A dramatic and terrifying memoir of a ‘catfish’ scenario - when a woman meets a man online but nothing is what it seems.


25-year-old Megan Henley put her five-year-old daughter to bed one evening and switched on her laptop. A Facebook ‘friend request’ seemed to be genuine. There were a few common friends and very similar interests, so Megan accepted.

With that one simple act, she changed her life forever. In her words: ‘looking back on it, it was as if I had opened my front door to a stranger, as if I had thrown away every precaution I’d ever put in place, as if I had freely given access to my whole world – all because of some naïve belief that it was ‘just’ a friend request on a social media site.’ Megan is tricked into a relationship, paranoia and ultimately betrayal by the man she loved and trusted but nothing is as it seems." 

I was looking for something a little bit different to read and so I thought I'd give this book a try. I'm glad I did! This book is a real eye opener.  I can't even imagine what Megan must have been through, meeting the love of her life online, all is well to begin with and then he shows his true colours..I actually thought I'd guessed how all this would turn out, I was partly right but my goodness. I won't go into too much detail but honestly, everyone should read this book. And beware of those random Facebook friend requests... Not that I EVER add random people to Facebook and nor should you or anyone. It really does make you think. 

What have you read lately? 

Sarah xXx

Read With Me

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. This sounds a really good read but it is rather worrying what can happen online, scary stuff x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds really good - I think my eldest daughter would enjoy it too. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow this sounds like my kind of book off to have a look for it

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is worrying what can happen online, there was this boy who went to meet up with a guy he had been talking to over a game and the other boy killed him, I think he was 15 or 16 ( the guy who was killed) and the other was 19. Its awful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read biographies of true life stories, and this sounds as if it could have been. Scary world we live in. No one should ever be accept people on Facebook unless they actually know them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be looking this book up. Sounds like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like an amazing book from the description sounds full of intrigue, I will add it to my list of books to read on my impending 16hr flight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds interesting. I'm mainly reading magazines for some decorating inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really courageous of Megan to share her story to warn others about online danger.

    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this books sounds more than intriguing infact a little terrifying! Thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds an intriguing read, if a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like my type of book to read. One to add to my neverending TBR pile! xx
    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  13. From your description and the blurb on the book this sounds like a great one to read! Will have to keep it in mind once I've finished Blind Faith by Ben Elton. x
    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  14. One girl and her dogMarch 20, 2016 1:27 pm

    This is my story, I can assure you it's all true! Thank you for your kind review, and hope those who haven't read it yet enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your comment and for sharing your story with us! It really opened my eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just finished reading the book. It gets so so mad you think it's fiction, but it's all true. Great book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.