Lots to be happy about!

14:18

My anxiety has seriously been through the roof the last couple of weeks. I don't know why, I just know that it's been bad. I know that I over think and I know not getting enough sleep doesn't help but it's so just so hard to deal with! I also have been finding it difficult to get motivated. So I thought I'd do what I did last time my anxiety was this bad and try to focus on the positives, things to be happy about and not dwell on the negatives.

I have been super organised! I've cleaned out the boys room and cupboard properly, thrown away a lot of stuff and sorted through there clothes. They have both had growth spurts and have grown out of lots of clothes but it's great they're growing and healthy! I shall probably pop to ASDA and pick them up a few pairs of shorts and T.shirts. It isn't worth spending mega amounts of money (which I don't have anyway) because they seriously grow SO fast! Especially Harry. Can you believe he's 12 years old and tall as me? (5ft3) Crazy. I also did the same with Ellie's room and clothes! It feels good to get rid of the things we don't need or use any more. I'm sure the charity shop will appreciate them. 

Writing lists - This really helps me get motivated. I wrote a huge list of things to do today. And I've almost achieved it ALL. I am feeling very satisfied and so much better knowing that my house is clean and tidy. I've really pushed myself to get motivated today and it worked!

My weekly list


Charlie didn't get into the high school we choose (The one Harry - my eldest- attends) which is a HUGE worry and a massive negative and honestly has not helped with my anxiety. He'll be the only kid from his school not going. I'm not happy about this. HOWEVER, Charlie is the first one on the waiting list. I have also sent my appeal off already! These are both positive things and the right steps to get him into the school. So fingers crossed and positive thoughts!!! (Charlie doesn't know any of this of course, I don't want to worry him because I DO think he will get in before he's due to start in September).
EDIT: I received a letter of acceptance, Charlie got into the chosen high school. I can't even tell you how relieved I am! I am SO happy for him. YESSSS!!! 

Blue sky and seaguls in Spring


Also the weather has been very lovely lately. Sunny and mild! And it's officially spring. The kids and I are super excited about the nicer weather, it means we can explore and play outside more. 

I've quit drinking coca cola. Which is a HUGE step for me! I do have the odd diet coke though, diet is better than full fat (in moderation!). Still, I am very proud of myself.

I've been reading SO much lately. I've read 9 or even 10 books this year so far. This is huge for me too, I think making time for myself to read really helps improve my mood.
Alpacas @ Ups and downs smiles and frowns

I spotted two alpacas the other day when I was walking to my local shops! They made my entire day. I stood there for ages watching them. They're in a farm sanctuary and I totally was not expecting to see such unique creatures. I checked the farms website when I got home as I wasn't 100% certain is they were llamas or alpacas, they are indeed alpacas! Awww. SO CUTE!

ITS ALMOST EASTER!!!! YAY!! The Easter holiday's are more than welcome here. A nice break from school routine is always welcome and I know the kids are super excited, hehe. We'e enjoyed some really cool Easter arts & crafts which baker ross sent us to review.

home made easter card @ ups and downs smiles and frowns

Overall I am feeling rather positive right now and focusing on the good things and the positive things really help!

What's made you happy recently?

Sarah xXx

Best of Worst
Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Aww I think you sound really positive despite feeling anxious! Amazing news about Charlie and being organised can be so therapeutic. Must have been hard giving up the coke but keep at it! Let's hope the weather warms for Easter! Have a good one and thanks for sharing with #bestandworst x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting the school you wanted :) The process is so stressful, I hated it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - I couldn't believe your son didn't get into the same school as his brother so I am so pleased the decision was reversed x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting into the school, I have this to come next year and I'm dreading it! Even though you are anxious it sounds like you are doing a great job on focusing on the positives! I desperately need to sort my daughter clothes out to as they really do grow so fast she is about 4 inches shorter than me at 10! Not impressed with this x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a list! It really helps me to get stuff done. My eldest daughter didn't get into any of our 4 choice of primary schools last year and it was unbelievably stressful. I spent most of the summer upset, stressed or preparing for the appeal (which failed). I'm so pleased that your son got in to save you all that stress. It's spring time and the clocks go forward this weekend which means the evenings will be lighter. Lots to look forward to! #BrillBlogPosts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eek I hope you are feeling better, anxiety is just the worst. I have to admit I do find writing lists helps sometimes. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great news that you managed to change your son's school and it sounds like being positive is working for you. Have a great Easter weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lists are great for helping your mind be clear and focused :D I always use them myself. Glad you got the school you wanted to :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on everything. I am happy I am settling into the freelance world nicely x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so pleased Charlie got into the school you wanted. I love your positive moves of clearing out and list making - I SO need to do this too. Have a lovely Easter :) Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anxiety is an absolute nightmare and it seems the list writing has worked for you x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations for getting into the school, that's great news! I am dreading this with mine next year, it sounds like such a difficult process.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.