The Silent Cry by Cathy Glass {Book Review}

12:27



The Silent Cry by Cathy Glass 

The heartbreaking true story of a young, troubled mother who needed help.
The sixteenth fostering memoir by Cathy Glass.
It’s a big, exciting moment for Laura when she decides to finally take her new baby out to the school playground for the first time ever. What should be a happy, magical moment quickly sours, however, when Laura suddenly feels queasy and runs off back home. None of the other schoolyard mothers seem to notice this troubled, struggling woman – apart from Cathy. But when Cathy tries to help, she finds herself hitting wall after wall. Laura needs medical help but refuses to see a doctor. Her own cold mother refuses to help. It is left to Cathy to try and bring light to this dark and dangerous place.
source. 

I picked this book up in ASDA and it came in a 2 pack with another book by Cathy Glass 'Cut'. A two pack of books for £4? Yes please! Although I think I have already read 'Cut', I'm not quite sure. Firstly, for those of you who don't know. I love Cathy Glass books. She is an amazing woman who fosters children and helps them, she has done this for many, many years and is very experienced. I love the fact she shares her stories with us
*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS* 
This book dates right back to when Cathy's own children were very little. Cathy shares her story about a woman she meets in the playground. She discovers all is not well with this lady -Laura-. It turns out Laura is suffering with PND and needs help. Cathy is a great support and truly does help Laura and her family a lot. Cathy also shares her story and also talks about the children is fostering (on short term) at the time. I cold talk about this book all day but honestly, I don't want to share too much because I know some of my readers have this on there 'To Read' list.
Overall, I really loved this book. There needs to be more people like Cathy in this world. I give this book five stars. It's beautifully written, easy to follow and certainly easy to read. I couldn't put this book down. I read it within a day (on and off of course!)

What have you read lately?

Sarah xXx

Linked up with 
Beck Valley Books. 

Read With Me

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I have this on my never ending list of books to read x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Cathy Glass but this book sounds fascinating :)

    #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these books!! Thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a hard read but I would imagine its a good one #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good. I've never read any Cathy Glass, but I used to come into contact with foster carers a lot in my old job and thought they were amazing people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any Cathy Glass. This definitely sounds like it needs to be on my list #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this one yet but I love Cathy Glass! I've been reading lots of true crime lately - then wonder why I can't sleep... :) #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the look of this book. I can relate to Laura as a new first time mummy. xx
    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.