Parents evenings and world book day.

00:00

This week has been a busy one! And full of proud mummy moments.
Monday I had Charlie's parents evening. I'm really pleased to say he is doing superb about school and preparing for the SATS which are coming up next term. He's also preparing for high school, too. He's doing brilliant in English, Maths and Science. He enjoys arts and reading, too. He's so good at cursive hand writing and knows up to his 14 times table! He's better at maths than I am (I'm not even kidding!). All our practicing at home has paid off. Charlie has just completed his level 2 bikeability course at school. It's where professional (instructors?) go into the school and take the kids out on there bikes and prepare them for cycling on the road and teach them how to be safe on there bikes etc. I believe only year 5 & 6 take part. Charlie passed that. With flying colours, as I knew he would. He's more confident riding his bike now. He very proudly showed me his certificate and badge to say he'd passed!
I am VERY proud of him.

Bikability certificate @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

Ellie's parents evening was Tuesday. Again, she is doing great in all subjects, her reading is advanced for her age (She's trying to get through her current book (which has 56 pages), so she can start reading goosebumps!) We DO need to work on her counting past 100 in tens, which I know she can do but I just don't think she's interested, still though, we will work out that. Also sounding out long words she seems to rush and pronounces the word wrong but if she takes her time, she can do it. She is only eight years old though, I'm not at all worried because I know she'll get there :)
She received a certificate for helping people and being very friendly. She left her certificate at school though. She was going to bring it home today but she's been ever so poorly and didn't go to school today. 
I'm VERY proud of her, too!
world book day @ ups and downs smiles and frowns

world book day @ ups and downs smiles and frowns

It was also world book day on Thursday. The theme was 'Pirates' so both Charlie & Ellie dressed up as pirates. Charlie was like "This eye patch irritates my eye, I AM NOT WEARING IT" And "It makes my eyes itch"Bless him. And Ellie was like "I LOVE my pirate on my shoulder" haha. They were very excited though! And excited for the fun activity afternoon. Poor Ellie was poorly at school in the afternoon though and I got the call asking me to come collect her, which I didn't mind at all but I felt so bad for her and her missing out on all the book day fun. Never mind. At least she was alright for the morning! Charlie had a fantastic day. I can't believe it's his last year dressing up at primary school. Madness how fast the time goes!

world book day @ ups and downs smiles and frowns

Did your children/nieces/nephews etc celebrate world book day? Have you had any proud moments recently?

Sarah xXx

Linked up with:
Magic moments 

Mummascribbles

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. well done on passing his test. I can remember doing mine many many years ago I was super proud lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on Charlie's bike test! I WISH I had been able to ride a bike when I was his age- I only learnt in 2010 when my now-husband taught me!
    World Book day is so much fun! I love dressing up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so proud of how well both of your kids are doing at school. Love their outfits for world book day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear she's ahead in all her classes :) Hopefully she'll continue to excel!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading proud mummy moments, I used to dread world book day, as would always panic as to what my Daughter wanted to go dressed as x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! It's so crazy all the tests they have to do nowadays - glad to see your son coming out on top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 14 times table! Oh my goodness when did that start? I swear it was only up to 12 when I was a kid! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Charlie, passing your bike test is a great achievement. I learnt at a later age when I was 16 but have not ridden a bike since.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw fantastic news I have parents evening for the 3 youngest tomorrow night

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done for Charlie passing his test!! So nice to hear the kids are doing well and love the pirate outfits x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done to your kids for doing so well You should be a proud parent with so much great achievements.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow she is so smart. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kids were gutted their school didnt do anything for world book day as they love dressing up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's awesome that they're making you proud. I actually didn't realize it was world book day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done to Charlie - what a great achievement and such good news at parents evening. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. BB's school told everyone what they had to be for World Book Day so that was easy - characters from Alice in Wonderland! #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  17. They looked great for world book day. You must be super proud of both of them for doing so well at school!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww... they look adorable in their outfits. Love world book day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have parents evening on Tuesday. 14 times tables? Wow that's amazing! My Charlie loves maths too - maybe it's the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done to them both! It's great when the kids are doing well in school. Their costumes look fab! We had Goldilocks and Dennis the Menace for WBD.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It sounds like they are all doing so well at school, thats amazing! I couldn't even do my 14 times table, I am terrible at maths! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww well done both of them, what lovely things to hear at parents evening, it sounds like you have a great school and they're both thriving :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loads of wonderful things to be proud of this week and what a busy one! I'm so glad that we don't have world book day to contend with any more, I was always the rubbish parent who cobbled something together the night before! This is a great one to link up to Loud 'n' Proud tomorrow if you fancy it?

    ReplyDelete
  24. So great that they are doing so well. And world book day is a new one on us but my bookworm really enjoyed it! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.