The one with the roundabout.

00:00

This past weekend, we were blessed with some lovely spring weather. It was so mild and the sun was shining! It was such a pretty day, we didn't want to waste it sat inside so we decided we'd have a little walk to our local park. (I may have had to persuade the teenager with a treat! He was all "Why though? I wanna play FIFA".. you know, typical teenager and all). Charlie was out with his dad for the day (Harry didn't want to go there either), so it was just Ellie, Harry and myself!

Spring walks

The kids wanted to ride there bikes, so that's just what they did. When we arrive at the park, it was empty! Which was shocking because it was such a beautiful day, I thought it would be packed. I was wrong. So the kids had the whole play area to themselves!
Playing at the park

Ellie and Harry enjoyed playing on the round about together. It's lovely to actually see them play together because of the age gap, it doesn't happen very often! They took it in turns pushing each other and I think Harry was actually glad to get out of the house (despite his protests about how playing FIFA was more important!) They had a blast playing on that round about.

Playing at the park @ ups and downs, smiles and frownsPlaying at the park @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns
 "Look mum I can turn upside down!" Ellie yelled at me across the park! She was so excited to be outside in the mild weather. "It makes a change for it not to be freezing cold" She said!
Playing at the park @ mumx3x blog

After they'd finished playing on the park (and finishing up the sweet treat I bought them on the way to the park), we decided to have a little walk around the field. Well, I walked, they rode there bikes. We couldn't go in the woods because it's not exactly bike friendly, that's ok though, we can do that another day!
Playing at the park @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

Playing at the park @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

An old oak tree @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns
 Ellie wanted me to take her photo next to the "Big old oak tree where the owl lives" haha. I don't know if there is an owl that lives in that tree but there should be!

We had a lovely time, we were only out for just over an hour as I needed to get back to prepare lunch and the kids had enough of riding there bikes! We are so, so looking forward to the warmer weather. We will be spending a lot of time exploring the woodland and playing on the park this spring!

Have you ventured out lately? I hope you've all experienced some nice weather, too!

Sarah xXx

http://www.lifeunexpected.co.uk/whatever-weather-34/


Mummascribbles

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Nice photos!

    I love the pretty weather. We have some this week, except for Friday. It'll rain then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The milder weather has been lovely, although it's been colder again this week. It looks like you made the most of the weather and the kids certainly look happy being out at the park and playing on their bikes. You have some lovely photos there! Thanks so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see them playing together with the age gap, I always feel the same glow of pride when my oldest and youngest play. I totally get the teen thing, you deserve a medal pulling him out to play, the silly thing is, just like mine, having got them out they really enjoy it, even if they don't want to admit it! A lovely post, so true of real life and full of spring happiness. I hope you can keep pulling your teen out to play, your daughter will keep him young :) thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weather does look lovely to have a day out and looks like they are having so much fun! I love her photo on the slide. She looks so happy there the most! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so looking forward to the warmer weather as well. That's so lovely that they played together for a little bit despite their age gap. It must be so nice to see especially when it's so rare. I can't wait for Spring/Summer when we can enjoy the outdoors for a bit longer. It looks like you had a lovely family time out. Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with #whatevertheweather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had lots of fun. I can't wait till my grandkids are old enough to take to the park

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! I want some sunshine! #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love taking my camera to the park - kids are always so naturally happy! It's fab that the weather's getting brighter now and we can start enjoying the great outdoors more x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it lovely to get out and about now the weather is starting to improve. I often have to force my kids to go outside but they always love it when they get outside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a lovely sounding day - nothing like managing to get out in this nicer weather. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it great to get them outside, and see them together? My teen son is glued to his XBox One and I have to prize him off it. To see him playing with Pickle who is ten years younger than him is just lovely! Love your photos. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw looks like you have had a lovely day some beautiful pictures

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a lovely lovely day! Great post!

    MadeFromBeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you had a great time, even if Fifa was high on the list of priorities ha x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad your eldest made the effort to pull himself away from FIFA. Looks like he found the little kid inside again. Great photos #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  16. It started getting nicer and we have been to our local park a couple of times but it has gone cold and rainy again the last couple of days. During the summer we are hardly ever in

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love going to the park as well. Love your photos, looks like you had some nice weather! X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Our kids are so different in this respect. Isaac and Kara are usually keen to go out but Toby always wants to stay at home. And yet, once you've persuaded him to step outside the house, he loves it more than anyone else! #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah Ellie has such a great smile! Looks like such fun. Thanks for linking up to #PointShoot x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.