A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole {Book Review}

00:00


One kiss lasts a moment.
But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime.

One boy.
One girl.
A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade.
A bond that neither time nor distance can break.
A bond that will last forever.
Or so they believe.
When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation?
Rune’s heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.

Standalone Young Adult Tearjerker Romance.

For ages 14 and up

 source



 'A Thousand Boy Kisses' is a really hard book to for me to review. My thoughts are hard to put into words. It is one of the best books I have EVER read. It's beautifully sad and beautifully happy but in a sad way, I can't even explain. I'm sorry if this contians spoilers but it is very hard to describe without giving too much away.  
When Poppy's Mamaw passes away, Poppy is just nine years old. She makes a pact with her nan to fill her jar of paper hearts with a thousand boy kisses. Poppy and her best friend 'Rune' have been friends since the age of 5. They are half of each others soul. Rune has to leave Blossom Grove with his parents back to his native country, Norway. They are both utterly heartbroken. Poppy cuts Rune off with no explanation. No contact. Nothing. But why? When Rune returns to Blossom Grove, two years later, he soon learns why. 
This story is utterly heartbreaking but it truly is a very, very good book. It's beautiful in every single way. 

I really can't go into details on this book because I recommend that everyone should read this book. You will need a box of tissues, it's a tear jerker, that's so sure. A beautiful tear jerker at that. There is so much to this book!
I rate this five stars.. I'd rate this book all the stars in the world if I could. This book will stay with me a long time. And the play list of songs in the back? Whenever I hear any of those songs, it's going to really remind me of this beautiful story. 

Sarah xXx

Read With Me

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I want to know what happens when Rune returns to Blossom Grove now...!

    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tillie Cole and this is one of my favourite books so far this year, I was left with a real book hangover and tearing up just thinking of the story but you are right although sad it is also strangely happy and so so meaningful!! Thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not my kind of book but never say never...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too much into romance novels, but this seems cute and worth the read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds so good! I always love reading book reviews - I'm an avid reader and usually plow through at least 2 books per month. I'll definitely add this to the list :)
    XO Amanda | www.glitterandspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of this author but I am definitely add this to my summer reading list xx

    Www.cheriexox.me

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a teaser campaign! Now we have to read it. Will keep an eye out for it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt myself starting to well up just reading your review. Gosh, this sounds heavy, but yes a real page turner that will have you thinking and analysing the plot in your head for a long time after you've finished reading it. Good find! Tx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.