What Alice Forgot. {Book Review}

00:00


What Alice Forgot Book Review



"Alice Love is twenty-nine, crazy about her husband, and pregnant with her first child. So imagine Alice’s surprise when she comes to on the floor of a gym and is whisked off to the hospital where she discovers the honeymoon is truly over — she’s getting divorced, she has three kids and she’s actually 39 years old. Alice must reconstruct the events of a lost decade, and find out whether it’s possible to reconstruct her life at the same time. She has to figure out why her sister hardly talks to her, and how is it that she’s become one of those super skinny moms with really expensive clothes.

Ultimately, Alice must discover whether forgetting is a blessing or a curse, and whether it’s possible to start over."


I've had this book on my kindle a while, I think I purchased it in the later part of last year. 
It's been on my "Too Read" list for a while. Alice is a mum of three who has separated from her husband and currently filling for divorce and custody of her children. Alice has an accident one Friday morning at the gym and hits her head, loosing her memory and when she wakes up, she thinks it's 1998. She can not remember the last ten years. It's an intriguing story.  
I also enjoyed reading the letters by Frannie and learning about Elisabeth and the fertility issues her and husband experience but really, it's based around Alice and her memories (or lack of!). 

This book took me ages to read (It is 487 pages after all!), I found it hard to get into but in certain places, it was a page turner. I did enjoy this book, I just didn't LOVE it. It's written well and is fairly easy to read, I just found it a bit boring in places. I liked the ending, which I will not spoil, it was probably my favourite part of the story. I really actually grew to like Alice, especially the younger Alice. 
I'd rate this book 3.5 stars out of five. 

Sarah xXx
Read With Me

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. The story is interesting enough for me to get this book, as you said you liked it and didn't love it, it will be something I read over time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the sort of book I would really enjoy even if it does have some boring bits. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review! light but to the point:)

    xx
    lau
    www.malibluemymind.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had more time to read books.The plot of this book sounds intriguing 10 year lost.. R

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this book in library but didn't had chance to pick it.but seems nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your honest review - I just don't have any spare time to read right now, but thank you. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a shame that you found it boring in some places, never heard of this book before x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am currently into reading self help books, currently reading You are a Badass and I really like it. This book seems nice and its something I might read the down line if I want to switch things up.

    Leslie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting story line you described. I wanted to read the book instantly.I am a sucker for mysteries

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an interesting read, imagine to not remember the last decade of your life

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds similar to another novel I read by Sophie Kinsella. It's called Remember Me?

    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had this recommended to me a couple of times but having read reviews on Amazon I was in two minds whether to purchase it. Think I might just do it now, thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Think I would enjoy this, so long as I don't get stuck in the boring bits you mentioned. Intriguing with the 10 years missing #readwithme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.