The one with E's parents evening.

17:52

Ellie started in year 4 this past September and not even two weeks later, she turned nine years old which makes her the eldest child in her school year. This new school term also marked the year that Ellie would be my only child at primary school. My eldest is in year 8 and my other son started in year 7 in September. I was a little worried about it to be honest because Ellie has always had her big brothers to look out for her and I think that reassured her. I needn't have worried though because Ellie settled into year 4 just fine. She went up a class and has the same teacher that Charlie had last year (and the year before! And even Harry had the year before, too!) which was also reassuring for her and also for me, too!


Tonight I had parents evening! I always look forward to parents evenings because I like to hear about how my children are doing at school, looking through there school books and seeing there progress!


I am pleased to say that Ellie is doing really well! Her maths, reading, hand writing and literacy work are all lovely and neat, she's at the levels that's expected of her, she is doing very well! She's polite and well behaved but doesn't seem very confident in joining in - Things like putting her hand up and speaking out loud so I'm going to encourage her as much as I can. The teacher also commented on the work we do at home - It shows! I am so pleased that all of Ellie's hard work - Working on her times tables, story writing and reading at home is shining through. Her teacher also told me well done too. We are going to work on her times tables and division and connecting the two. I'm not the greatest with numbers but I am sure we can figure this out together. We're also going to continue reading more, too!

I can't tell you how proud I am of Ellie. She has done amazing settling into year 4. And without her big brothers there.
... The boys parents evenings should be coming up soon. I'm looking forward to those and seeing how well they've settled into year 7 and 8!

Sarah xXx



Mummascribbles


Post Comment Love

Mummy Fever - Share With Me

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. I have my parents evening for my year 1 and year 2 next week. Your little girls sounds like she is doing brilliantly and I love her jumper by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it was a good parent's evening, we had my boys last week and were very pleased too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah bless well done both of you !!
    it is lovely and reassuring when your told your doing a good job at home and she is doing well at school :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is such a lovely post - it sounds like E's doing amazing at school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellie looks so pretty and doing great at school. Good job! I think maybe she is just shy to raise her hand up and speak in front of everyone. I am sure that she will overcome this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, we had parents evening this week too. Different scenario though, we o still have a child to start school! Glad to hear your little one is doing okay without her bigger siblings around. Good luck for their parents evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was exactly like Ellie at school and hated putting my hand up and contributing at school. Great news that she's doing well though x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great post! Well done Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw this must be lovely for you to hear! Well done Ellie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw - what a lovely thing to share. I remember my parents evenings when I was young. I never knew what my mum and Dad must have thought as they always said the same thing 'Leah contributes well in class' meaning I was chatty lol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to see she is doing well at school. I used to hate parents evening x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's good that your daughter id doing great at school. It must be such a great feeling knowing that you child is doing great in school.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that she's doing well and settling into Year 4 well! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ellie really is doing well and it must be great to hear that work you are doing with her is also helping. A fantastic parents evening for you.

    Thanks for linking up with Small Steps Amazing Achievements :0)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like she's doing so well - you must be super proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your 'friends' title! Well done Ellie on doing so well in year 4!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, it's always reassuring to hear your children are happy and doing well, isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done Ellie. You must be very proud. -#twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done. You must be proud :) #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mine is coming up the week after next. Its always so interesting to hear about how they are doing when you aren't around #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done Ellie! It's so reassuring how your child is doing at school when you don't get a alot of feedback from your child on a daily basis! #sharewithem

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah that's great news, and sounds like having her brothers around had really helped her pave her way in the school for when the time came she was the only one left there. Bet that seems strange, but glad it's going well. Thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's lovely news - great to hear nice feedback . Thanks for linking to #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete
  24. My little girl (also Ellie!) also started in year 4 this September so I can totally relate. Glad she's doing well. :-) #PoCoLo (sorry to be soooo late commenting!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aw well done Ellie! I have one in yr 8 and one in yr 3. Love the parents evening too, it's useful to know the work you put in is paying off! Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.