6 Things I've learned since working out.00:00
My weight has really been getting me down lately. I am a size 14 clothes and most of my clothes are size 10-12. I really need to fit back into those. It's not only that though, I've noticed how unfit I am. Just walking up the stairs I was becoming out of breath, that can't be a good sign so I decided it was time to start working out again. I am currently on day 4 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I've done it before so I knew what to expect but it doesn't make it any easier! Here are five things I learned about myself since I've started working out and eating healthier, again.
- It doesn't matter how slow you go, just do not stop. - I can't work out everyday because I have a brain condition (The fluid builds up around my brain and causes headaches/visual problems and so on. The medication I have to slows down my metabolism, therefore I gain weight) but when I feel like I CAN workout, I try not to push myself too hard. As long as I stay eating healthy and try to aim for 10k steps a day, workout three times a week and think positive, I CAN do this and I WILL be skinny for next summer! Slow wins the race, right?
- Green Tea is actually pretty good. Especially the berry flavoured green tea's. I actually find myself craving it now! Although it makes me feel sick and dizzy if I drink it on an empty stomach.. I've also been drinking a lot more water! Always a plus. No more fizzy drinks!
- Eating healthy is hard. Although I am into the swing of things now, it does take some getting use to, it is not easy. I've been eating healthier for almost three weeks now and I don't even think about eating junk. It's ok to have a treat now and again but in moderation and only once a week!
- Don't become obsessed with the scales - This is easier said than done let me tell you! I weigh myself once a week but it's so hard not to weigh myself every other day and become obsessed with those scales. (I'm speaking from experience now! I've learned by my mistakes). I'm going to weigh myself once a week for the first month and then I'll weigh myself every two weeks after that. If I don't see a loss, I'll feel so disheartened. However, this week I have lost 2.2lbs and I'm very, very happy with that!
- Rewards - When I reach my first goal of loosing that first 5lb I am going to reward myself. I may reward myself with a nice face mask/pamper evening or something similar.
- Stay active - Anything is better than nothing! I just need to MOVE more and eat less. Even just doing the housework burns a good amount of calories and then add in a half hour walk. It all adds up. I find step counters help me - There are plenty of apps. I am planning on investing in a Fitbug after Christmas, my old one sadly broke.
Do you have any advice for me? Or fitness/weight loss/healthy tips? Let me know in the comments.