Our October.

10:53

October is one of my favourite months. I love Autumn and the weather that comes with it. The kids are settling back into the school routine as am I. My eldest son's Birthday is in October as is Halloween and the build up to Christmas, too! It's a lovely time of year. I thought I'd do a blog post round up in photos.

We had fun afternoons and evenings at the park, before the clocks went forward. Harry enjoyed his new remote control helicopter which was a Birthday present (early) from the grandparents.

Autumn at the park @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns

 We talked a lot about the leaves changing colour and the reasons why. My children are all so fascinated with nature and the seasons changing. It's a beautiful time of year.
Autumn at the park @ ups and downs, smiles and frowns
Autumnal boots and leaves @ ups and downs smiles and frowns

Autumnal Dandilion

Autumnal mushrooms

We enjoyed a few really pretty sunsets and beautiful evening skies. I love Autumnal sunsets, they're the best kind of sunsets in my opinion.

Autumnal sunset sky
A photo posted by Sara ♡ (@sassyserrz) on


Autumnal sunset


A photo posted by Sara ♡ (@sassyserrz) on


The little's have had lots of fun on the park, too! 

A photo posted by Sara ♡ (@sassyserrz) on


We spent some time in the garden playing games and nerf guns. It was lovely to see the children actually playing with there toys! We talked about how to point the nerf guns down, rather than at each other, to insure no one got injured. It's quite fun firing at feet apparently (with shoes on!). 




Charlie was introduced to high school, we went and took a look around and Charlie got to join in with some activities and meet some teachers! He also won some prizes. He's super excited about starting high school next year, bless him.

Harry of course turned twelve years old and had a lovely Birthday with friends and family! I still can't believe he is TWELVE years old. Time has gone so, so fast and he's grown so quickly! Wow.


We've had parents evenings and I met Harry's tutor! Which was lovely. He was super proud to introduce me to his tutor. All the kids are getting along really well at school. I'm super proud of them.

We have enjoyed plenty of walks along the river, fed the swans and ducks. And just had a really lovely, fun time. Half term was full of leaf throwing and walks along the river






Swans in Autumn on the river bank


We've been really blessed with such beautiful weather. It's been mild and mostly sunny. On those rainy days though, we played board games (dog bingo is a new favourite - I high recommend it, I bought it for my daughter for her Birthday back in September. It's a whole family kind of game!) and enjoyed some Autumnal arts and crafts.

Autumnal arts and crafts, making hedgehogs!

Autumn arts and crafts. LEaf.

Halloween was fun too! We went trick or treating. Which was fab.

Halloween bat pumpkin and cat trick or treat

I got a bargain on the ghost lights, only 49p for 10 from home bargain. I bought two sets. And the cat trick or treat decoration was only £1 in BM (reduced from £3.99 I think it was)

Pumpkin @ ups and downs smiles and frowns
The kids had a wonderful tiem and enjoyed dressing up. Harry was a scary devil, Charlie was a spooky ghost and Ellie was a vampire witch. She couldn't decide between vampire or witch, so she went as both, haha.

How have you enjoyed October? What are your highlights? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to here about your Autumn and October. :)

Sarah xXx 

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

snowingindoors


Super Busy Mum
Life Unexpected

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. What an amazing month you've had! We love October too and it looks like you have accomplished so much! We love leaf throwing too! #PointShoot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful autumnal photos. It looks like you have been busy. Happy Belated Birthday to Harry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your autumn photos are gorgeous! We, too, have enjoyed a wonderful October. We took a quick holiday to Scotland and lucked into perfect weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you really did enjoy October and rightly so just look at all the wonderful things you got upto! Such lovely photo's. We too are loving autumn and all the beautiful colours it bring with it. My girlies also love to leaf throw as well.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaah you've got a great eye for photos! Wish I could capture some pretty shots like these. Sounds like you got up to all sorts and had many adventures over the month x

    ReplyDelete
  6. October looked like such a lovely month for you and yours. How lovely that you got to spend so much time surround by all that gorgeous autumn scenery :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful set of photos. The colours are amazing and Ii wish I could take photos like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love October too! He looks super pleased with his helicopter. I love the leaves pictures. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like October too. It's the leaves, the orangeness and well, yes the food helps too! He sure does look pleased with his helicopter!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You achieve so much through your october! i achieved eff all XD i love harrys face with his helicopter XD they all just look so darn happy <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have had a fabulous October! You have captured some beautiful moments. The photos of the sky are amazing with such lovely colors! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos. The helicopter looks fun I can imagine he had a great time with that. We made the hedgehogs as well perfect for this time of year! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've managed to fit so many things in this month! It really is a beautiful time time of year, I love all the colours, you have some lovely photos of your family, great memories. Great hedgehog crafts and the leaf suncatcher is very effective too.
    Thanks so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your leaf throwing photos. I can't wait until N might actually agree to play ball and throw some!

    Those RC helicopters are brilliant. I'm debating one for N's birthday list although he might be a bit young to look after it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely autumnal round up. I too love Autumn and hasn't this just been the best :) I'll be kicking up yet more leaves when I take our dog for a walk later. #PointandShoot

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had an amazing month and I love the autumnal photoshoots. I am sad that winter is coming and we have to leave autumn behind!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to agree Ocotber is a wonderful month, the park looks the perfect place for that helicopter, I can't tell you how many my kids have broken here when they fly them into a cottage or tree! Looks like you enjoyed Halloween too. Thank you for sharing on Country Kids

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really do love October too. It's such a beautiful month. Your Halloween looks super fun and I think those little hedgehog crafts are so sweet. Apart from Christmas I'm really not looking forward to winter. This post has made me realise how much I love Autumn too. Kicking up the leaves, just cool enough that you're still ok without a jumper. You've captured some really precious moments here. Thanks so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely memories to capture in photographs. The sunsets are great aren't they. All we have to look forward to now are the many shades of grey the sky changes in the day 😢 #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous photos of the sunset! Love your arts and crafts too. We need to make that little hedgehog! Thanks for linking up. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.