Festive Frozen Inspired Cupcakes. {Recipe}

22:17

The kids asked if we could make some cupcakes, I said of course we could! I had Christmas cakes in mind, however, they had other ideas, haha. Ellie wanted to make Frozen cupcakes and the boys just wanted to decorate there cakes with whatever was on offer - a bit of everything! So that's what we did. I already had a cupboard full of cake decorations and ingredients which were left over from Ellie's birthday. We made Frozen inspired cupcakes and the boys just decorated there in any which way suited them. I think I'll make some Christmas cakes on my own this week and surprise the kids with them, hehe.



To make the frozen inspired cakes me used:

120g of self-raising flour
120g caster sugar
120g of butter (or margarine) at room temperature.
2 medium size eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract.

For the icing I used:
Icing sugar
Water.
Food colouring

Decorations: 
Snowflake decorations(I got mine from Asda)
Silver ball cake decorations (or decorations to suit.)
Silver shimmer spray (optional)

- Makes twelve cakes.

We preheated our oven. I put ours on gas mark 4 and left that to heat up while we prepared the cake mixture.

1) After we'd measured out all of our ingredients using the ozeri kitchen scales, I creamed together the sugar and butter until it went a pale yellow colour.
2) I folded in the flour to the butter and sugar. Adding a little flour each time.
3) I stirred in the vanilla extract. (Ellie poured in the vanilla extract while I stirred)
4) Next up the kids gave the mixture a little whisk (they took it in turns)
5) We poured the mixture into the cupcake cases - half filling each one.
6) We popped them in the oven for 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes I popped in my thermapen (you can use a skewer but I didn't have any) to make sure the cakes were cooked. They were because no mixture was left on the probe of the thermapen.
I transferred the cakes to a cooling rack and while they cooled we made the icing.

A photo posted by Sara ♡ (@sassyserrz) on



I used normal icing sugar and water. I didn't measure it, I simply just poured in some icing sugar into a mixing bowl and kept adding water until the icing was the consistency I wanted. I made ours quite thick. I left some white and made some blue icing too, using the same method but adding a drop of blue food colouring.



The kids had fun decoration these! We did also make some random ones, too! The boys didn't want to make frozen ones. I sprayed them with the silver shimmer spray after, which left them with a shimmery, sparkly finish. I feel like the photos do the cakes no justice.

A photo posted by Sara ♡ (@sassyserrz) on






And some random ones the boys decorated. Oh and Ellie made a cat one also. She's crazy about cats, just as I am, haha.


What are your favourite festive snacks to bake? LEt me know in the comments, I'm always on the lookout for new festive recipes. :)

Sarah xXx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love the icing idea, so quick and simple #CreativeMondays

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look gorgeous! My nearly 3-year-old daughter adores frozen & would love to help make these cupcakes - and eat them up!! Thanks so much for sharing them with my holiday linky. I hope you have enjoyed your holidays x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.