The best and worst lately.

00:00

 Gosh, December is flying by so fast. Too fast! I am still not ready for Christmas. Nowhere even near. I have so many gifts to buy still. I know it'll all work out in the end and Christmas isn't just about gifts and what not but even so, it's stressful! I'll start off with the 'not so great' things that have been going on lately.

Firstly, we've all been poorly with one thing or another. We just start getting better and then one of the kids come home from school with yet another bug or virus. I think the kids have had two stomach bugs since October! Harry last week was vomiting and then this weekend, Ellie came down with it and now, Monday morning... Charlie is puking. It just seems never ending. I'm certain it's this time of year and being ill comes with the colder weather, also Harry starting high school and a lot of new bugs and germs are going around but shesh. It's just been one illness after another, quite literally! Time to get the Detol and cleaning products out again. (I feel like I'm constantly cleaning and the amount of disinfectant I've gone through, trying to prevent these bugs! I guess my mums theory is right "If you're gonna get ill, you'll get it regardless! Still no harm in trying to prevent it though, right?) Hopefully all will be over with by the time Christmas rolls around. Which is eleven days away! EEK!
I've still got that wrapper lodged in my throat. I need to go back to the hospital for a scan but with the kids being ill and I've been ill, it hasn't been possible. It's not causing me any distress, it's just annoying. I can barely even feel it today so perhaps it's making it's way down (touch wood and pray!)

Anyway. Onto better things.


We've put our Christmas tree up and it looks lovely, I do need to get some gold ribbon though, just to finish it off. I've decorated the tree in a theme this year, silver, rose gold and gold with a tiny bit of black (because the baubles are SO sparkly, I HAD to use them lol). I wasn't quite sure how it would look but it looks really nice, the pictures do it no justice. I'm avoiding tinsel this year as my cats like to try and eat it and I certainly don't want it causing them any injuries or health problems. I've also put the Christmas lights up around the window and the look lovely. I think I'll be more into the Christmas spirit once the Xmas shopping is complete.
Ellie and I took a trip to the local garden centre which was so festive and lovely. We had a great time.

Oh and Santa came around our street on his sleigh (raising money) which was amazing!! Truly, I was amazed as were the kids. What a festive way to get people into the Christmas spirit! We stood and waved and Ellie even went up to the sleigh and said hello and wishes everyone a merry Christmas. I wish I had of taken better photos but I was just stood there in amazement, haha. That really made mine and the kids week last week :)

How has your week been? Are you all set for Christmas?

Sarah xXx


Best of Worst
Let's Talk Mommy

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Well I have finished all my Xmas shipping but only because I did it all online this year. I still need to wrap it all though and I still haven't put our tree up lol. I'm avoiding tinsel as well this year bit that's just because I think christmas trees actually look better with out it. I've bought beads instead. Yours looks really lovely. I've gone for silver and purple this year and will be doing ours at the weekend. Better late than never right ;-)

    #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't finished all of my xmas shopping either - still got those 'last few bits' to get - why is there always something else? I did pop into town yesterday but it was manic! I've done the majority of it online again this year. Your tree looks lovely. Hope you all get better again soon and sort out that wrapper in your throat! #Bestandworst x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to get myself organised as well - the last posting date is looming over me! Your tree looks gorgeous though, and what fun to have Santa stop by and get everyone in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For once i am actually totally organised and have finished the Christmas Shopping and have it all wrapped up too. YAY to getting your Christmas tree up - it looks gorgeous! It's definitely that time of year for germs, we seem to be dropping like flies here with one bug or another! Hope you're all feeling better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that everyone has been ill and how scary is that nearly a week until Christmas day isn't that crazy? I still need to do my xmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear u have been poorly definitely this time of year!
    I love ur Christmas tree the gold theme is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, I can't believe you still have the wrapper stuck :( Hope it makes it was out before Christmas. Your tree looks lovely! Have a great festive season and thanks for linking up to the #bestandworst xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry to hear that you have all been unwell and that the wrapper is still there! I think it would have really annoyed me by now x

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sorry you haven't been well... i really need to get myself organised for Christmas... ive still load to do x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you've all been ill. There does seem to be a lot of bugs going around at the moment. We're all just getting over it too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry to hear you haven't been feeling to good. I bet it was a little pick me up seeing Santa drive past your house. how amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww hope you get better soon but at least your Christmas tree looks lovely X #BestandWorst

    ReplyDelete
  13. your Christmas tree look beautiful! Hope you feel better and I'm glad that it has not affected your Christmas atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear there was illness over the holiday. Glad you are all mended now and ended on a positive festive cheer. Thank you ever so much for linking up to SWM and the amazing linky/blog support last year. It means the world to me that people come back again and again to share their amazing blogs. I hope this year is no different. It's great to get to know more blogs and I love reading each post every week and sharing them. You have such a lovely blog here. I wish you a huge happy new year!!! #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.