I see you by Claire Mackintosh {Book Review}

22:47



Page: 384 
Genre: Thriller/Psychological Thriller.

"You do the same thing every day.
You know exactly where you're going.
You're not alone
.

When Zoe Walker sees her photo in the classifieds section of a London newspaper, she is determined to find out why it's there. There's no explanation: just a website, a grainy image and a phone number. She takes it home to her family, who are convinced it's just someone who looks like Zoe. But the next day the advert shows a photo of a different woman, and another the day after that.

Is it a mistake? A coincidence? Or is someone keeping track of every move they make . . .

I See You is an edge-of-your-seat, page-turning psychological thriller from one of the most exciting and successful British debut talents of 2015.
"

My thoughts: 

This story follows mainly Zoe. Zoe lives in London with her partner 'Simon' and her two children 'Katie' and 'Justin'. Zoe works in an estate agents. She catches the Tube every day, taking the same route to work every day. One evening on her way home from work, she spots an ad in the local paper. The ad is a photograph of her in which looks like a dating agency website. Zoe shows her family and all of whom say it's a look alike and isn't Zoe at all. She tries brushing it off and putting it the back of her mind. Another ad is in the same paper a few days later - Only Zoe notices a link to a recent crime. She contacts the police...
I can't go any further without spoilers.

- Side note- I've decided to start posting my book reviews here on my main blog rather than my book blog. Keeping up with two blogs is hard work!! 

I read 'I Let You Go' by the same author, earlier on in the year and absolutely loved that book too, which is why I was so eager to read 'I See You' I'm no gonna lie, I don't think I was in the mood to read a thriller when I first started reading this book, despite the anticipated wait. However I quickly got into it and around half way through I found it hard to put down! I actually read most of second half of this book in one sitting.The twists in this book. Oh my goodness! AMAZING! It's actually very realistic and with today's technology something that could so easily happen. It really made me think. Very clever plot, very well thought out and very well written. This book is easy to read, too! If you liked 'I Let You' I think you'll like this book too. It kind of in a way reminded me of Girl On The Train, too! I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good mystery/psychological/thriller.

What have you read lately? Let me know in the comments :)

Sarah xXx



Linky

Read With Me

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I so need to read this, I totally loved I let you go and that amazing twist. Great review.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a great book. One to add to the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books that take place in London and it's my current home city! This seems like a real page turner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I've heard of this book! It sounds fab! Thanks for linking up to the #BinkyLinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was going to say this sounds similar to Girl on the Train, I'm still intrigued enough to read, thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved 'I Let You Go' and can't wait to read this one too, sounds just as good. #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for not including spoilers, this book sounds really intriguing. I loved Girl On The Train and couldn't put it down!

    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love a psychological thriller, so this sounds right up my street! It reminds me a bit of Disclaimer, in which a woman started reading a book and then realised it was all about herself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the sound of this. Definitely being added to my wishlist #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this on the reserve list at the library. can't wait for it to arrive!
    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds gripping, I really want to know what happens now! #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like a book with some good unexpected plot twists. Your review has got me interested.
    #ReadwithMe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.