The Weekly Bits & Bobs.

19:14

My 'Weekly bits and bobs' is a round up of the best and worst things that have happened lately. However, during the six weeks holidays my blog took a bit of a back seat. With the kids being off school and other happenings going on, I didn't have a chance to blog much and if I'm honest, I just lost interest in it. I'm back now though and so is my 'Weekly bits and bobs' posts! So here are our best and worst bits that have happened lately.

The weekly bits and bobs and the bestand worst lately.


Negatives: 

  • The summer holidays are over. However, it's bittersweet because I'm happy to have our school routine back! I thrive on our routine and so do the kids, so it's not all bad! I really do miss the kids when they're at school. 
  • Life has been SO stressful, I've had so many appointments and what not lately. It hasn't been at all easy. We have more appointments this month - kids dentists and so on. I'll be glad when the appointments are all done with. Not being able to drive sucks, it means I have to rely on other people or public transport. 
  • Another positive and negative in one. I had my eye appt with the consultant yesterday. There is a little fluid behind my eyes but the positive is, it hasn't got any worse! Whilst there's improvement, I am so thankful my condition hasn't got worse.
  • My house needs seriously blitzing. Again. I don't mind cleaning to be fair, I just find it hard to get motivated. 
  • The boys don't like this new school bus they're having to catch every day. Maybe they just need time to adjust. I am going to see if I can switch them to the bus Harry caught last year if they still don't like it come the end of the week. (Seems like such a petty thing doesn't it? It's a big deal to them, which makes it a big deal to me! I want them to be confident and happy)
Positives:
  • We went on a really lovely picnic last week. It was a beautiful day and we found the perfect spot at the top of a hill in the middle of a meadow. 

ups and downs
  • The kids went back to school (as I mentioned above) I am truly so proud of them! Charlie started high school! I can't believe it. Harry's now in year 8, Charlie in year 7 and Ellie in year 4. I'm loving being back into our school routine. Not keen on the early mornings but I'll get use to those in no time. 
  • Speaking of early mornings. I am really enjoying the cool, chilly mornings. It's nice! I'm not a fan of the heat. It's been hot here today around 25*c by 2pm! Still though, it does cool down in the evenings and like I said the mornings are chilly. I love it. 
  • I've read a fair bit this year! I think I've read 39 or 40 books in total. I should easily reach my 50 goal. Yay! 
  • I've bought all of Ellie's birthday things ready for her birthday next week! It's hard to get my head around the fact my youngest baby is going to be NINE years old! Oh my goodness. 
  • I am loving my organiser from paperchase. It helps me stay organised. I am going to start bullet journalling this week. I picked up a bargain in ASDA - soft cover, plain paper notebook/journal. All there stationary is reduced at the moment. May have also picked up a packet of papermatte pens from pound land. I'm such a stationary nerd, I love it, hehe. 
Things to look forward to: 

  • Ellie's 9th Birthday next week! I think we might go to the cinema or something the weekend after her Birthday, which will be lovely.
  • I really am looking forward to going 'Book Shopping' in the charity shops this week, yay! Haven't done that for what feels like ages. I love looking for books in the charity shop and nine times out of ten, I'll always find one from my TBR list, hehe. 
  • I'm looking forward to settling into routine 100%!  
  • Bullet Journaling - I am really looking forward to starting this! It'll help me stay motivated. I'll be doing daily plans and weight loss trackers, habit trackers and lists! I am addicted to making lists, hehe. 
What are your best and worst bits lately? Or what are you mostly looking forward to?

I hope you all have a lovely week.

Sarah xXx
Best of Worst

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I was really sad when my little one went back to school too. But I am getting back to work mode so that is a positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a lovely photo of the kids. I need an organiser/planner. I love reading your weekly round up it is always so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a mixed week. I am glad your eye has not deteriorated. I love a good charity book shop, I like stumbling on something I would never consider. I definitely love routine and so do my boys appreciate it too as they have so much energy to use X #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love going book shopping in the charity shops. Good luck and hope you find lots of new things to read!

    www.sparklesatmidnight.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get stressed so easily! Life has a way of tumbling lots on top of you at once doesn't it! My eldest is really lloking forward to going bavk to preschool next week and I'm excited to get back into the routine too!! Gorgeous photo of your children too!! We had a picnic today actually as the weather was blarring today it was lovely and its also my elsests birthday next week too! Hope your daughter has a brilliant day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovey kiddy shit- looking very smart. I want to trey bullet journaling it facinates me and deffo something I'm going to take up I think! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it sounds like you have a lot to look forward to, even with the ups and downs of the last week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I can't believe how much you've read this year, you should be really proud. I bet you'll enjoy having a little bit of peace now it's back to school time x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even with the ups and downs, it sounds like you've got a lot to look forward to which is always good! I hope you manage to find a book or a few which are on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh what a great round up - I love journalling and keep meaning to look into bullet journalling. It has been a week of new routines and settling in here! Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great week, I love the sound of bullet journaling too!! Thanks so much for linking up to the #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  12. My worst is being evicted at the end of the summer hols so stressful but my best was finding a new place so we won't be homeless! I'm glad school is back so I can sort the home ! Hope the birthday goes great my dd is 9 in January eek!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even thought there has been up and downs it still sounds like you've got a lot to look forward to. September is a busy month for me, but I seem to enjoy the chaos! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kids look beautiful in their uniforms :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you've got a busy time ahead! I'm 26 weeks preg with my first atm so I've got all the joys of the school run to come!

    Becca
    www.QueenBeeBecca.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.