The one with a summer picnic.

00:00

August was quite a stressful month so it was nice to start September with a picnic! The kids and I love picnics and we live in such a beautiful area, there are plenty of pretty, peaceful places to actually have a nice picnic! We packed the picnic up in our new picnic hamper which was kindly sent to me to review. We took a football with us, too and away we went! Walking through the woods to the beautiful meadow on the other side is our favourite spot! There's plenty of space for the kids to run around and burn off energy and it's so very peaceful.

Summer picnic @ ups and downs



This is a lovely spot where me and my brothers and sisters use to play as kids, it's really lovely to be able to create memories, in the same place, with my own children.

After our picnic, the kids had a kick around with the ball and rolled down the hill, which was great fun for them, hehe.






We had a wonderful afternoon, the weather was perfect and thankfully not TOO hot! Walking back through the woods I managed to capture this picture below (on my phone!) of the lake in the woods, isn't it beautiful?

Lake in the woods. Reflection of trees in the water

Maybe we'll be able to squeeze in a couple more picnics before the cooler weather hits us! I hope you've been enjoying the weather, too :)
How has your summer been?


Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall
You Baby Me Mummy

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Aww what a lovely way to start September. I feel Autumn coming quickly here but would love the opportunity to get out again before it is too cold! It must be so special to take your children to the same places you went growing up - I wish I had that! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does look like a gorgeous spot for a picnic. It looks like the weather was perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love picnics and my kids love it too... Perfect way to spend on a nice weather, isn't it? Lovely photos! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've really got me wanting a picnic now - here's hoping the weather is still good next weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fun! We've had a lot of picnics - my toddler loves them and there's no cleaning up involved ;) Love summer. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. The kids seems happy and what a lovely spot for a picnic. R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a perfect day and a great way to kick September off! xx #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love getting away for the day and having a picnic! Looks like you all had a great day!

    www.sparklesatmidnight.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to start September! I agree, you live in a beautiful part of the country. And that photo of the lake really is beautiful - your phone camera is great.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN x
    www.fashiondujour.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos! The last one is just so stunning. We love picnic and we always try to have one at the beach when the weather is good =) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh this looks like you had a lovely day out, great photos! I wish I'd had more picnics this summer! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. September has started quite well weather wise, so hopefully time for a few more picnics yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful spot for a picnic! I haven't been on many picnics this summer but I've had a great summer nonetheless! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely spot to enjoy a picnic. Food always lures mine outdoors and space a football and a picnic sounds a perfect combination. Some lovely photos from a very relaxed looking outing and what a gorgeous lake scene too.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  15. It look like they had a wonderful time. I can't imagine what it would be like to have your child grow up in the same place you did, must be lovely. Thanks for linking up to #PointShoot x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.