The weekly bits & bobs. #Bestandworst09:44
This last week has flown by! It's crazy how fast this year is going. Here are my best and worst bits from the past week.
- I was poorly over the weekend, I had a really bad earache and a bit of weird/sore/itchy throat. I am better now though but feel like I missed out on the weekend! Not that I had any plans.
- Ellie has a few dentist appts coming up. She has one for an x-ray and a couple for fillings. she had to be referred to a dental hospital because she is petrified of the dentist. I am honestly dreading it, I know she's going to freak out and I feel so bad for her.
- This weather - OH MY GOD! TOO HOT!! No likey.
- I've taken a step back from my book blog and just going to stick to posting all things bookish in this blog. Two blogs = A LOT of work and time.
- The kids have settled into school. Charlie loves high school, Harry's getting along great and Ellie seems to be enjoying year 4. All is good. I love having our school routine back.
- The good thing about this weather is... I can get clothes dry on the washing line. Hoorah! Saving on electric as I don't need to put the tumble drier on. Yay!
- I've already read two books this month. I've read 'I see You' by Claire Mackintosh (review here) and 'Black Heart Blue' (Review coming soon!) I'm finally back into reading properly again.
- It's Ellie's Birthday Friday. Who can believe she's going to be nine years old?! That's crazy.
- My sister came around yesterday and we had a lovely catch up.
- I finally cleaned my oven - this is a huge thing for me because I HATE that chore with a passion, haha. I also blitzed my kitchen. It's the simple things in life that make me happy, haha.
- Ellie dressed up as Matilida for Roald Dahl day. I didn't find out she had to dress up until Saturday so we had to make do with what we had! I think we did a pretty good job with Ellies 'Matilda' outfit. I originally made Ellie a blue bow like Matilda has on in the picture but Ellie preferred to have the classic red Matilda bow.
Things to look forward to:
- Ellie's Birthday on Friday. I can't wait to see her face when she opens her presents, hehe. She will be at school Friday so we're going to do something Saturday (I have a couple of ideas but it depends on the weather)
- I am SO looking forward to the Autumn and cooler weather. I am not enjoying this heat like most people are, lol.
- Reading more! Watch this space for book reviews.
What are your best and worst moments or what are you most looking forward to?