The weekly bits & bobs. #Bestandworst

09:44

This last week has flown by! It's crazy how fast this year is going. Here are my best and worst bits from the past week.

The weekly bits and bobs - Best and worst lately @ mumx3x


Negatives:
  • I was poorly over the weekend, I had a really bad earache and a bit of weird/sore/itchy throat. I am better now though but feel like I missed out on the weekend! Not that I had any plans. 
  • Ellie has a few dentist appts coming up. She has one for an x-ray and a couple for fillings. she had to be referred to a dental hospital because she is petrified of the dentist. I am honestly dreading it, I know she's going to freak out and I feel so bad for her.
  • This weather - OH MY GOD! TOO HOT!! No likey. 
  • I've taken a step back from my book blog and just going to stick to posting all things bookish in this blog. Two blogs = A LOT of work and time.
Positives: 
  • The kids have settled into school. Charlie loves high school, Harry's getting along great and Ellie seems to be enjoying year 4. All is good. I love having our school routine back. 
  •  The good thing about this weather is... I can get clothes dry on the washing line. Hoorah! Saving on electric as I don't need to put the tumble drier on. Yay! 
  • I've already read two books this month. I've read 'I see You' by Claire Mackintosh (review here) and 'Black Heart Blue' (Review coming soon!) I'm finally back into reading properly again. 
  • It's Ellie's Birthday Friday. Who can believe she's going to be nine years old?! That's crazy. 
  • My sister came around yesterday and we had a lovely catch up. 
  • I finally cleaned my oven - this is a huge thing for me because I HATE that chore with a passion, haha. I also blitzed my kitchen.  It's the simple things in life that make me happy, haha.
  • Ellie dressed up as Matilida for Roald Dahl day. I didn't find out she had to dress up until Saturday so we had to make do with what we had! I think we did a pretty good job with Ellies 'Matilda' outfit. I originally made Ellie a blue bow like Matilda has on in the picture but Ellie preferred to have the classic red Matilda bow.
Home made matilida dressing up outfit Roald Dahl book day

 
Things to look forward to:
  • Ellie's Birthday on Friday. I can't wait to see her face when she opens her presents, hehe. She will be at school Friday so we're going to do something Saturday (I have a couple of ideas but it depends on the weather) 
  • I am SO looking forward to the Autumn and cooler weather. I am not enjoying this heat like most people are, lol. 
  • Reading more! Watch this space for book reviews. 
So those are my best and worst moments over the last week. The positives always out weigh the negatives.
What are your best and worst moments or what are you most looking forward to?




Best of Worst


My Random Musings

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. A busy week! I wish we had some of your hot weather - its just been grey and raining up here in Scotland. I also did a big Kitchen blitz, but i didn't tackle the oven! I really need to but I dread it. I hope Ellie has a lovely birthday on friday :) #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same! I much prefer autumn. I don't like to go out when it's this hot. It's not comfortable at all. Bring on the crispy leaves. Well done on the Matilda outfit. Simple but very effective :) #Bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh what a lovely post, loving the Matilda outfit, good effort!1 Thanks for linking up #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not surprised the heat ended up on your list! It's been a nightmare when you are stuck at work, it's too hot indoors and it's too hot outdoors! It's just he constant muggyness we get in this country that drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sucks that you had an earache they can be horrible can't they?! I hate the super hot weather too but hopefully it will cool down soon! Sounds like a lot more positives this week though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I thought I was going to die with this weather, being pregnant during summer is not funny at all. I'm really glad to see that the positives list is bigger than the negatives ones....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Ellie has a lovely birthday. Love that Matilda costume, we had Charlie bucket here! Glad schools going so well for everyone too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww your right it has been too hot lately.. and bless lots of horrible illnesses going round at the moment, we just took my little boy to doctors this morning and they said he has a ear infection, not nice.

    Hope Ellie has a fantastic birthday:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you've had a lot going on! I love Ellie's Matilda outfit, it's spot on! I hope she copes ok at the dentist!
    Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes :)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to fall as well and my oldest is also loving high school. Isn't it funny how before kids we look for the fun and exciting but after kids saving on the electric bill and getting the kitchen clean makes us so happy?! lol visting you from #anythinggoes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I'm envious of your hot weather! It definitely feels like Autumn is indeed here on our side of England and two blogs? Wow! I'm impressed. I can hardly cope with one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you were poorly! That's never great. I really wish we had been having great weather, it's been so cold and wet lately. It's nice that the kids have settled into school :)

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've had a busy week. I personally prefer the summer but the autumn colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been ill all weekend with a cold too so I feel for you. Makes it hard to get anything done doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always good when you have more positive than negatives! I am so with you on getting the washing dry outside. I am going to have to start hanging mine up downstairs in the basement soon and it always makes me feel sad - I hate it when summer is over!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sorry to hear you have been ill, I am always ill over the weekend/holidays and I feel like I miss out! I love the Matilda costume! Looks like your week has been very positive!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sorry to hear you have been unwell. It's good your kids are settled into the new school year and good luck with your child's birthday :) Exciting times! I'm also a huge fan of autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The postives always outweigh the negatives so good you have a positive mindset. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That dress is a perfect match for matilda. Sorry to hear you haven't felt well. Very jealous you've read 2 books already x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lols, I also hate the heat and love the cool air of Autumn! And I absolutely loathe oven cleaning, I put it off as long as I possibly can, it's such a boring and yucky job. Ellie's outfit is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you are feeling better hun. So glad the kids have all settled in.Thanks for linking up to #TheList x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.