Flapjack that doesn't fall apart... {recipe}

22:54

I suck at baking, I honestly do. Every time I attempt to try to bake cookies, they never really look or taste like cookies. Even the pre packaged stuff I seem to mess up! Same with cupcakes... However, I have decided I need to practice baking, so practice I will do.
So, starting easy. Very easy. I decided to attempt flapjack. Every time I make flapjack it always falls apart and is just way, WAY to crumbly. I know that's how some people like it but, well, I don't. And nor do the kids, they're always like "but it makes too many crumbs and I don't like it" lol.  However, this time was different. It hasn't fell apart!!! It doesn't fall apart when I pick it up. It's the perfect texture, too. AND, it tastes good!
Here's what I used and did, in case anyone is interested. (This is totally what I call, 'Sarah Proof'. LOL!)

Ingredients: 
130g Brown Sugar
125g soft butter
250g porridge oats
3-4 table spoons of golden syrup. (I used 4 in mine)
Grease proof paper.

Method: 

Preheat oven, I have an electric fan oven and pre heated at 180 degrees.

Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix until the mixture is sticky/sticking together. You can use a food processor but I don't have one so I used a good ol'e fashioned mixing bowl and wooden spoon.

Add the grease proof paper to the baking tin.

Add the mixture to the baking in. Use the back of the spoon to flatten the mixture down. (I then used a fork to give it a bit of texture, but using a fork is optional) Then I cut/scored into twelve squares.

Place in the oven and bake until golden brown. (Mine was in the oven for about twenty minutes.)

Wait until cool, cut the squares carefully. Ready to eat!
(Store in an air tight container)

(we like ours quite thin, but you can make yours thicker if you prefer) 



My next attempt is (apparently) 'easy raspberry slice'...  Wish me luck!! lol.

Sarah xXx

(P.S Do you have any easy recipes you'd like to share with me, I'd love to have a go at baking your easy recipes.. Remember they need to be 'Sarah Proof' haha.)

Obviously I didn't invent the flapjack recipe, I just tweaked one I already had to suit us.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow it lucks yummy and seems almost too easy to make, am so looking forward to giving it a go :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.