January book reviews [#50books2013]

19:52



My book list is: here

Is It Just Me? By Miranda Hart 
I am HUGE Miranda fan, I absolutely love her! She is so funny. Love her T.V series and any other program she is involved in, especially Call The Midwife where Miranda plays Chummy

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I read it within a day!  In her book 'Is it just me' she asks her readers if they've done embarrassing things like she has. She speaks of her 18 year old self & gives her readers some insight to some of the embarrassing things she has done. She asks 'Is it just me....' Oh, this book is just hilarious. Such fun. Miranda gives her reader chums an insight to some of the cringe worthy things she has done. I don't think she could given us 'reader chums' any more detail into some of the embarrassing things she has done in her life so far.  The way she writes and tells her stories is just so funny. It all comes to together really well!

I laughed out loud so much whilst reading 'Is It Just Me' This book will most certainly keep you in good spirits. If you are a Miranda fan (actually, even if you're not) I recommend you read this book.

I haven't gone into too much detail (although I totally could, I could also quote some of the book, but I won't because I don't want to spoil it for other people that haven't read this book, yet.)

*******************************************************************************



Bared to you by Sylvia Day
First, I must say that I don't mean to compare it to 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' but it is *so* much like that book. Just better written.
This book is well written, it is very erotic. It does have a wonderful story.
Eva moves to Manhattan as she has a new job there. She moved with his best friend Cary. She soon bumps into Gideon, a very handsome, wealthy man who owns the 'crossfire' industry, where Eva works. They have an instant attraction and he wastes no time telling her what he wants. Right from the start there is an intense sexual attraction between Eva and Gideon. Eva has more of a backbone than Ana in the fifty shades book.

Gideon is over protective  strong yet vulnerable and Eva is too. Eva and Gideon both have traumatic pasts. They share an incredible bond but every time something goes "wrong" or she doesn't like/agree with in there relationship, Eva runs away from Gideon which makes matters worse and tears them further apart. As the book goes on I really got the impression that they were trying to heal one another. Eva's love for Gideon is clearly very strong. I guess we'll see in the next book how it all works out...

It's quite emotional in places and a very addictive read. I read this book within a few days.


Sarah xXx

************************************************************************



Reflected in you by Sylvia Day

I really don't want to give too much away, I'm sorry if this is vague. 
This is the second book in the 'crossfire' series. The first book being Bared To You. I really liked both books. A lot. I'm not going to lie though, this series does resemble 50 shades of grey trilogy in SO many ways (I liked the 50 shades trilogy, too). This book IMO is way better than the first book 'Bared to you'. I couldn't put it down. I read it in no time at all!! I can't wait to read the third book which I believe will be published sometime this year, May perhaps?  (I hope!) In all honesty, I thought I would get bored but I didn't at all! 
Eva and Gideon have a rocky relationship, in fact there relationship is like an emotional roller coaster. they break up, they get back together, Eva runs, she goes back. 
I found this book quite deep to be honest. It IS erotic. You can totally tell how much they love each other, but it is a rocky road. In a way they help each other deal with there own problems. 
Towards the end (about 3/4 of the way thru) the story shines through, it really gets going. I was really starting to dislike Gideon for the way he was treating Eva, I guess it turned out ok in the end? We'll see in the next book.... I could go on but I won't because I think I've said too much already! 
Overall I really liked this book! Thumbs up from me :)
Oh how I can't wait for book three!!!  Hurry up May, lol.

Sarah xXx
***********************************************************************
Another forgotten child by Cathy Glass 
I will try not to give too much away, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't yet read it. 

I am a HUGE Cathy Glass fan. For those of you who are not familiar with Cathy Glass she is a foster parent and has fostered over 70 children. She shares some of her experiences and true stories with us. I have read almost all of her books. 
Onto the book review. 
This is a true life story, a very inspirational memoir. 

The book is about an 8 year old little girl "Aimee" Who has suffered abuse for many years before being taken into care and fostered by Cathy Glass.  A very touching story and emotional, too.
This book will teach you a lot - I feel very fortunate. It is a real eye opener. Aimee is a very brave little girl. 
***** I highly recommend you read this book. 5/5 stars from me *****


Another amazing book by Cathy Glass. I loved it. I loved the way Cathy Glass writes. Totally heartbreaking story with a happy ending though. 

Cathy Glass is a true inspiration and the world needs more people like her! 

Sarah xXx


**********************************************************


In the midst of life by Jennifer worth. 

The same author of 'Call The Midwife' 
This book was a true eye opener. This book looks at the way dying is treated and medical treatment. I wasn't sure if this book was for me but I really enjoy Jennifer worths other books. Yes it is a bit of a morbid subject and I did find it hard to read because of the subject but also it is very interesting. I will admit I did cry a few times whilst reading this book. My, how times have changed, medicine has come SO far as has science and technology. It's a collection of short stories/recollections in Jennifers experience of being a nurse from the 1950's onward. There is a lot of case studies and factual information. I learned a lot reading this book! It is very well written in my opinion.

Sarah xXx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.