The Childs Secret by Amanda Brooke. {Book Review}

00:00


The Childs Secrey by Amanda Brooke Book Reivew.
"A little girl is missing. Her parents are hiding something. Who will pay the price?

When eight-year-old Jasmine Peterson goes missing, the police want to know everything.

What is local park ranger, Sam McIntyre, running away from and why did he go out of his way to befriend a young girl?

Why can’t Jasmine’s mother and father stand to be in the same room as each other?

With every passing minute, an unstoppable chain of events hurtles towards a tragic conclusion.

Everyone has secrets. The question is: who will pay the price?"

I picked this book up in Tescos a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't heard of it before but after reading the description on the back cover, I thought I'd give it a go. 
It took me a while to get into this book. I didn't think much of the character of 'Sam'. He frustrated me. Overall though, this book was alright, half way through the book, I found it hard to put down. I did guess part of the story but I didn't see the twist coming (If twist is the right word). It has mostly good reviews so I'm wondering if it's just that I wasn't really in the mood for reading? (I had other things on my mind and thought reading would be a distraction, I think I was wrong and should probably have read this book when I was in the mood, I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more) Don't get me wrong, I did like it, I just didn't really.... I don't know, I felt like it was missing something but not really sure what. Like I said though, maybe it's just me.

I'm now reading 'The Other Child' by Lucy Atkins and I'm in much better mood with less on my mind! 
Lesson learned: Don't read a good book when you have a lot on your mind!!!! 

Sarah xXx  
 
Read With Me

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Good advice about reading there, sounds rather intriguing, I love finding books I wouldn't normally pick up. Thanks for sharing with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find books that involve something happening to a child are more difficult to read now I'm a mother. Frustrating characters have put me off certain popular books lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you do have to be in a certain frame of mind to read some books and this sounds like quite a harrowing story.

    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly sounds intriguing but I completely agree sometimes I'm just not in the mood for reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like just the sort of book I like! I wonder if it really was you that wasn't in the right frame of mind or whether it just wasn't as good as you'd hoped it would be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, not being in quite the right frame of mind for reading certainly does make a difference to how we perceive a book. I hope the next book works out better for you.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about needing to be in the right 'place' for certain books. I'm reading one that I just couldn't get into last year but I'm loving it now!
    readwithme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.