Mummy’s Little Soldier: A troubled child. An absent mum. A shocking secret by Casey Watson {Book Review}

20:17

Mummy’s Little Soldier: A troubled child. An absent mum. A shocking secret book review
"Casey’s Unit is, as ever, full of troubled, disaffected pupils, and new arrival Leo is something of a conundrum.

Thirteen year old Leo isn’t a bad lad – in fact, he’s generally polite and helpful, but he’s in danger of permanent exclusion for repeatedly absconding and unauthorised absences. Despite letters being sent home regularly, his mother never turns up for any appointments, and when the school calls home she always seems to have an excuse.


Though Casey has her hands full, she offers to intervene for a while, to try get Leo engaged in learning again and remaining in school. The head’s sceptical though and warns her that this is Leo’s very last chance. But Casey’s determined, because there’s something about Leo that makes her want to fight his corner, and get to the bottom of whatever it is that compels this enigmatic boy to keep running away. With Leo so resolutely tight-lipped and secretive, Casey knows that if she’s going to keep this child in education, she’s going to have to get to the bottom of it herself…"


Casey tells the story of Leo, one of her students and his struggles. Casey takes Leo on to try and engage Leo in learning again and stop him from excluded from school. Leo arrives late to class every day and gets into fights. Casey suspects there is more to Leo and his story than he lets on and she is of course right. Casey tries to get to the bottom of it.
I felt so sorry for Leo and his family and I am so glad Casey was there to help!

I really enjoyed reading this story. I read it within a day and a half ! I love Caseys books, I have read most of them. She's a truly inspiring lady and I wish there were more people like her in the world!


Read With Me

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love casey watsons books too. You might also enjoy cathy glass, she is a similar sort of author x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Casey Watson's book are amazing! I've read all Cathy glass books, she's another very wonderful lady! There needs to be more people like them in this world. Thank you for stopping by xx

      Delete
  2. oo I'be not tried her books before, will have to give this one a go! Thanks for the recommendation and for linking up with #ReadWithMe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive not heard of Casey Watson but this sounds like a good book! #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have like some of the other not heard of Casey Watson but this makes me want to go out and pick up one of her books. #readwithme

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my blog and comment, I truly appreciate it. (Please do not leave URLs/links in the comments, thank you!)

Follow via GFC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe and Follow

Follow

My instagram.